First Custom build.

AlucFahhT

Honorable
Aug 25, 2012
I am going to build my first custom computer, I have the knowledge to put it together just need some criticism :D

EDIT: Forgot to add the power supply.

Approximate Purchase Date: Between 1-2 months to build up the money for it.

Budget Range: 1000, 1500 at most.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, web surfing.

Are you buying a monitor: Yes

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE AMD CPU

CPU Cooler: Stock untill I upgrade then I will have the Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Was suggested the GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3 MOBO Suggestion

GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 660 Ti 2GB OC at MHz GPU

RAM: Corsair Vengence 8gb (2x4GB) 1600MHz 8GB RAM

HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB 7200RPM 64mb Cache 6gb/s 1TB HDD

Case: Lian Li lancool PC-K62 Case Link

Power Supply: CORSAIR HX Series HX750 Modular PS Link

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg and TigerDirect

Parts Preferences: I will be upgrading to an i7-3770k.

Overclocking: Maybe if possible.

SLI or Crossfire: Yes in the future.

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: Going to use it for semi-hardcore gaming. Playing Crysis 1/2, BF3 Some other games on my Steam list I got on discount like Velvet Assassin, Sanctum, Serious Sam 1 and 2 HD, Serious Sam 2. Tom Clancy's Advanced Warfighter, Trine 1/2, Mini Ninjas, Just Cause 1/2, and Magicka. Also be able to see what L4d, and Fallout 3/NV looks like on highest settings xD. and be able to play the DayZ mod :D

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Currently using/typing this on a Gateway NV79 with an I3-330m, 4G RAM, and Intel HD Graphics with 1755MB VRam.

Inductor

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2012
Everything looks good. That CPU fan is amazing, you are getting a quality product for a steal of a price.

The thing is, if you are going to overclock. I would get the liquid cooling just to be safe. I am not saying you HAVE to tho. You can probably do alright with a fan while you overclock, specially since that is a very good fan.

Corsair has a nice choice of liquid cooling tho, and some of them cost less than the Noctua :)

Here is a link to their cooling systems.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&N=-1&isNodeId=1&Description=corsair+liquid+cooling

Inductor

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2012
Honestly, no.

I would choose the H40 instead. But if you really want to, you could work something out with that particular case. For instance using the top space, right above your mother board, looking at the case from its side panel.

The H40 can be fitted to the left of your motherboard, the H100 has a really big radiator compared to the H40, and you have to think about the space for those fans as well.

AlucFahhT

Honorable
Aug 25, 2012
This cougar looks nice with a fan speed adjuster This Case

And this one just looks funny :D Funny Case lol

And kinda off-topic. But what mouse do you think is better? The Logitech g700 mouse, or the Cyborg M.M.O.7 Gaming Mouse? I personally prefer the Cyborg one xD.

Inductor

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2012