• Power Supplies
  • Cases
  • Fan
  • Motherboards
  • Components
Last response: in Components
January 8, 2013 11:18:53 PM

Hello,
I have a Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 Motherboard and an NZXT Phantom 410 case as stated above.
The issues are the fan cables in the case, they're 3 pins sticking out but on the motherboard all the PWR_FANs are also 3 pins sticking out..
So I'm wondering where I can get an adapter of some sort.

More about : nzxt phantom 410 pin pin fan

a c 166 ) Power supply
a c 519 V Motherboard
January 10, 2013 11:38:32 PM

I believe that case has a controller for adjusting the speed of the fans the case comes with.
What you are seeing are the male connectors that the fans plug into. The cables coming from the fans themselves will plug into those male connectors.

The case's Molex connector plugs into your power supply's Molex connector to feed the fan controller. The fans are not intended to connect to the headers on the MB.
m
l
January 11, 2013 3:24:37 AM

I also have this case and clutchc is right. There is a fan controller for three fans already on the case, those connectors will connect to the controller and then the controller will connect via molex if I remember correctly.
m
l
Related resources
January 13, 2013 9:04:52 PM

clutchc said:
I believe that case has a controller for adjusting the speed of the fans the case comes with.
What you are seeing are the male connectors that the fans plug into. The cables coming from the fans themselves will plug into those male connectors.

The case's Molex connector plugs into your power supply's Molex connector to feed the fan controller. The fans are not intended to connect to the headers on the MB.

I've solved the problem but I can get the fan controller working.
There are two molex connectors that come with the fan, one with 4 pins and one with 4 plugs.
I've plugged the 4-plug molex connector into my non-modular power supply and it doesn't seem to be working.
m
l
a c 166 ) Power supply
a c 519 V Motherboard
January 14, 2013 2:22:40 AM

The male Molex 4-pin connector from the fan controller plugs into any 4-pin Molex female connector from the PSU. The fan 3-pin male connectors plug into the mating 3-pin female connectors from the fan controller. Your slider control on top of the case will then control the speed of the fans. If you've done as I've directed, and it still doesn't work, the only reason would be a bad controller switch or all 3 fans are bad.
m
l
July 19, 2013 9:19:39 PM

Get a Female to Female cable? IDK if that exists or not lol
m
l
!