quickLaunch's Shortcut keys

Sameer

I have added some items in my Toolbar's quickLaunch and also given then
shortcut keys like IE has CTL + ALT + E. But the problem is when i use these
combination kyes the applications do not open, not just IE or but other
application , Is there any other option which has to be set, please suggest
how i could make this work.

thanks
Sameer

You can't make it work. Desktop or Startmenu is where keys can be set.

"sameer" <sameer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DA050FC-06C3-428B-AE92-93D3DF0391A4@microsoft.com...
>I have added some items in my Toolbar's quickLaunch and also given then
> shortcut keys like IE has CTL + ALT + E. But the problem is when i use these
> combination kyes the applications do not open, not just IE or but other
> application , Is there any other option which has to be set, please suggest
> how i could make this work.
>
> thanks
> Sameer

Sameer

but David when i right click on the IE or any other icon in my quicklaunch ,
it has a place where i can specify shortycut key combination , also if i am
not wrong i have read that somewhere in windows help as well that if the key
combination is not already set for another application or is not reserved by
windows , it should work. All i want to do is, i have couple applications in
my quicklanunch that i have to open up pretty frequenty, i only want to set a
key combination for them, dont see a reason why i can not.

thanks

"David Candy" wrote:

> You can't make it work. Desktop or Startmenu is where keys can be set.

> "sameer" <sameer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DA050FC-06C3-428B-AE92-93D3DF0391A4@microsoft.com...
> >I have added some items in my Toolbar's quickLaunch and also given then
> > shortcut keys like IE has CTL + ALT + E. But the problem is when i use these
> > combination kyes the applications do not open, not just IE or but other
> > application , Is there any other option which has to be set, please suggest
> > how i could make this work.
> >
> > thanks
> > Sameer

Well, as you're told already, shortcut keys do not work for items on the
Quick Launch bar but do work for items on the desktop, on the Start menu, or
in the Windows\Start Menu\Programs folder.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q134552/
Shortcut key for shortcut does not work