First Time Building a budget gaming rig...

Hi Guys & the other people who can read this message!...

I wanted to buy a new gaming rig, but its my first time to built it on my own money & budget. My budget is around $700 dollars.

This are the parts that I wanted for my pc...

***Processor - i5 3570 - dont want to try to overclock & i dont know how to overclock as well

***MOBO - Asus P8Z77 M or PRO - Would this be ok for a Mobo?

***GPU - GTX 650 Ti or Powercolor HD 7850 - I read & watch review to this 2 cards & they have a decent frame rates to both Battlefield 3 & Crysis 2 which I am longing to play & other games like these 2 games as well. I just wanted to play games eventhough not on a full HD (1080p) but of course much better is a full hd :) . As long as the graphics of the games that I am playing is smooth & not pixelated because my monitor that i bought is a samsung 32 inches that is only hd ready (resolution is 1366x768)

***RAM - HYPER X or G. Skill or Corsair - 8 gb

***HDD - seagate barracuda 500gb

***PSU - Seasonic S12II Bronze 620W

***Chassis - RAIDMAX RAPTOR or AeroCool Syclone II

This is just my budget rig, I am open for suggestions as well... Thank You!....
3 answers Last reply
More about first time building budget gaming
  1. Hi. If you don't plan to overclock, go with the i5-3470 to save some money and pair it with an H77 motherboard like the ASRock H77M. If you plan to play at 1366 x 768, then either card is more than sufficient. You can go with the XFX ProSeries Core Edition 450W power supply instead to save money and you'll still have plenty left.
  2. Thanks!... Ill go ahead find a good H77 motherboard... But do you have any suggestions for a good or best H77 mobo?...
  3. The ASRock H77M is a good board but if you want to spend a little more you can get the ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP. I've complied the parts with pcpartpicker so you can make changes to the components or the preferred website as you desire. I didn't include the case because I couldn't find in on the pcpartpicker website. I think you'll have some money left for a 1TB hard drive or a DVD burner.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($179.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: ASRock H77M Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($39.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7850 1GB Video Card ($154.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 450W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($44.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $544.93
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-10 14:40 EST-0500)
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Components Product