  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 17, 2005 11:01:13 AM

I'm terrible at PVP, and I don't seem to be improving. I use the stock
UI that comes with WoW. I often face opponents that run around in
circles, continually jump over my head and attack from the rear.

How can I improve my combat? Are there add-ins that can help me fight
better, faster, provide cool combat? Do I need to buy a speedpad (N52)?
Are there macros?

Thanks for your help!

More about : fighting suggestions

August 17, 2005 11:22:00 AM

which class and spec u have???
as a caster theres no sense to run to attack.. only to run to avoid
getting hitted... if ur a melee u should learn to strafe ( i think
thats the word for going in circles while facing the enemy). There is a
addon that shows u WHEN ur attack will come. so u can stand facing the
enemy atm ur attack will come.
Try out different tactics in duells... BUT look at the others equipment
to avoid duelling someone that only has epic stuff...
August 17, 2005 6:53:21 PM

"Max" <maxnews01@web.de> wrote in message
> which class and spec u have???
> as a caster theres no sense to run to attack.. only to run to avoid
> getting hitted... if ur a melee u should learn to strafe ( i think
> thats the word for going in circles while facing the enemy). There is a
> addon that shows u WHEN ur attack will come. so u can stand facing the
> enemy atm ur attack will come.
> Try out different tactics in duells... BUT look at the others equipment
> to avoid duelling someone that only has epic stuff...

How do you examine others equipment?
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 17, 2005 8:31:25 PM

On 17 Aug 2005 07:01:13 -0700, "jpalme2000" <jpalme2000@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I'm terrible at PVP, and I don't seem to be improving. I use the stock
>UI that comes with WoW. I often face opponents that run around in
>circles, continually jump over my head and attack from the rear.
>
>How can I improve my combat? Are there add-ins that can help me fight
>better, faster, provide cool combat? Do I need to buy a speedpad (N52)?
>Are there macros?

Kinda depends on your class, but a bit of general advice:
*Use the mouse to look around (hold the right button) - you can turn
much faster that way.
*Always keep moving if you can.
*Remap your keys so that the abilities you use often is on keys you
can reach easily without removing your hands from the mouse and
movement keys (see above).

--
Regards
Simon Nejmann

In <AILMe.5695$Gx1.1699@fe11.lga> "L" <lisaanne_quiltshatesspam@hotmail.com> writes:

> How do you examine others equipment?

Target them, right-click on their portrait, and select "Inspect".

--
John Gordon "It's certainly uncontaminated by cheese."
gordon@panix.com

> Assuming L means "how do you examine people from the other faction's
> equipment?", you can't normally, but there is an addon that makes it
> possible.
>
> GoodInspect: http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=220

U cant inspect other faction with any addon! i wrote: making duells. so
i mean with ur own faction!!!
August 18, 2005 9:07:03 AM

Grant wrote:
> Actually, goodinspect does allow you to see the other side's equipment. Which
> makes sense in a way, since the game has to know what they are wearing to render
> them properly in their gear.

ugh.. didnt know that.
August 18, 2005 9:07:03 AM

Grant wrote:
> Actually, goodinspect does allow you to see the other side's equipment. Which
> makes sense in a way, since the game has to know what they are wearing to render
> them properly in their gear.

ugh.. didnt know that.
August 18, 2005 11:04:49 AM

>> Assuming L means "how do you examine people from the other faction's
>> equipment?", you can't normally, but there is an addon that makes it
>> possible.
>>
>> GoodInspect: http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=220
>
> U cant inspect other faction with any addon! i wrote: making duells. so
> i mean with ur own faction!!!

..
Actually, goodinspect does allow you to see the other side's equipment. Which
makes sense in a way, since the game has to know what they are wearing to render
them properly in their gear.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 18, 2005 11:45:01 AM

John Gordon wrote:
> In <AILMe.5695$Gx1.1699@fe11.lga> "L" <lisaanne_quiltshatesspam@hotmail.com> writes:
>
>>How do you examine others equipment?
>
> Target them, right-click on their portrait, and select "Inspect".

Assuming L means "how do you examine people from the other faction's
equipment?", you can't normally, but there is an addon that makes it
possible.

GoodInspect: http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=220

Note that imho this is borderline cheating and I am really surprised
that Blizzard haven't made an API change to break this, I would have
thought it was fairly straightforward.

Cheers!
David...
!