Graphics Card Driver Problems..

istrickewn

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
Hi I just did a fresh install of my windows 7 x64 and I keep getting BSOD of irq_not_less_than which I suspect are driver problems. So I download an ethernet driver for my gigabyte 970a-ud3 motherboard and I try to download the drivers for my Graphics card. But every driver I download for it it either says data corrupted or cannot open file... I downloaded the drivers from sapphire too but I still get that error :/ Any help please?

Sapphire HD Radeon 5750 1 gig of gddr5
Amd athlon II x2 @ 2.8
Gigabye 970a-ud3
Corsair DDR3

istrickewn

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012

I don't have any installed as I lost the cd that came with the Video Card

Never use the CD drivers... Go to AMD.com and download Catalyst 12.6 or 12.7. Boot into safe mode, completely uninstall any graphics drivers you have, reboot into safe mode, and then install the new drivers that you downloaded. Basically, do what fantastik250 said, but remember to download Catalyst 12.6 or 12.7. Which one isn't a big deal, but I think that 12.7 is still a beta right now, so you might prefer 12.6 although 12.7 is faster (I don't know if it makes a performance difference on cards as old as the 5750, but hey, it might). Both are very stable.

istrickewn

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012

I have downloaded those too!!! They all say an error or are corrupted....

There might be something wrong with your computer. You might have a malware issue, a failing hard drive, or a variety of other issues or any combination thereof. Heck, maybe you simply failed to let the download finish. They are large downloads that take time and if you don't let them fully finish, then they might as well have not been downloaded at all. Your internet connection could also be problematic. If it flickers on and off, then the downloads might get cut-off partway.

Let's look at other problems. This is a system-wide instability problem and it might have other causes than the video card. Try running memtest86 with each module individually (remove the other module(s) and repeat tests with each module). This will take quite some time, but it will tell you if the RAM is probably part of the problem. If not, then next run a disk check in Windows and after that, a S.M.A.R.T. disk check. If you still haven't found any problems, then it might be time for more drastic action. You might need to reinstall Windows or something. Is your CPU or anything else overclocked? If so, then try giving that part a small voltage increase unless it's already breaking supposedly safe values. A BIOS update could also be tried.