Windows Server 2008 r2 with Catalyst control Center

bradtn

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
Hey guys Im running Windows server 2008 r2 and I have dual 6870s and the drivers install no problem but I am unable to open Catalyst control center. I Click the icon and nothing happens. No error no nothing. I scoured the internet looking for a solution and found none. Please help

bradtn

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
ok new update. So i uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and upon opening catalyst it would say that I needed to update my drivers or whatever... ( i have the latest 12.6)
So then I went into device manager uninstalled both cards ( without deleting drivers) then rescanned then opened up catalyst. The Catalyst window opened!!! but show limited options then crashes with. " Catalyst Control Center: Host Application has stopped Working.

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: ccc.exe
Problem Signature 02: 3.5.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 4f8350ef
Problem Signature 04: PresentationCore
Problem Signature 05: 3.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4f34f771
Problem Signature 07: 26a1
Problem Signature 08: 2c
Problem Signature 09: System.InvalidOperationException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.274.10
Locale ID: 1033

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

If I click Close the program after and try to open it again I receive the same initial error

" The catalyst control center is not supported by the driver version of your enabled graphics adapter"

Remember, this is a server OS, not a desktop OS, so you might need to check your enabled features and make sure that you're not missing anything necessary. I wouldn't expect an error message to tell you about this because those programs and such aren't designed with server OSs in mind. CCC works just fine for me, but I'm using old integrated graphics (a Radeon 1270M to be more specific) on my machine, not newer cards in CF, so I don't know for sure what would cause your problems.