Sli - but with what card

brownsound_10

Honorable
May 19, 2012
hey everyone, I just bought a pc , a rather nice one imo ( i5 3570k, 16gb 1600mhz corsair ocz850w gold asus z77 sabertooth / gtx 670 reference card non oc atm im going to Sli, but what card should I use to do that?? if possible id rather get a non reference cooler for the top card as it will be taking on more heat ( pc is non water cooled ) I was thinking of an Asus Dc II... any suggestions??

Well there are a few to pick but it is in your interest to pick one that has a non reference pcb. Non reference cards tend to be much better built than what nvidia designs.

Go for the Asus without a doubt. It is much better quality than your current card and will take heat much better.

brownsound_10

Honorable
May 19, 2012
thanks!!! the reference card will stay cooler on the bottom, and the asus will move the heat better up top.. makes sense to me, thanks for the advice! only thing is the locations of the sli hookup. its different on both cards so Ill cross that bridge when I get to it. :)

brownsound_10

Honorable
May 19, 2012
as long as it is possible to SLI from two different companies.. I think we have a winner. lol Are the SLI bridges in the same spot on both?? ( or will I need a longer sli connector )

TRENDING THREADS