Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

too much mouse noise

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
June 30, 2005 9:12:01 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Is there such a think as a "quiet" mouse? It's ridiculously noisy!
Why have they built in that noise when we know the technology is there
to build in quietness instead? As long as I'm on the subject, why
aren't "quiet" keyboards really quiet? I hate the racquet!

sf
who prefers working in a quiet environment

More about : mouse noise

Anonymous
June 30, 2005 10:52:30 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

What mouse noise are you referring to? My Logitech wireless keyboard is
incredibly quiet. So is my Logitech wireless mouse.

"sf" <sf@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:6829c1t4bnoi437h101eeq9i5757asamlo@4ax.com...
>
> Is there such a think as a "quiet" mouse? It's ridiculously noisy!
> Why have they built in that noise when we know the technology is there
> to build in quietness instead? As long as I'm on the subject, why
> aren't "quiet" keyboards really quiet? I hate the racquet!
>
> sf
> who prefers working in a quiet environment
>
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 10:19:13 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

sf wrote:
> Is there such a think as a "quiet" mouse? It's ridiculously noisy!
> Why have they built in that noise when we know the technology is there
> to build in quietness instead? As long as I'm on the subject, why
> aren't "quiet" keyboards really quiet? I hate the racquet!
>
> sf
> who prefers working in a quiet environment

If you think your mouse is noisy, then there's something seriously wrong
with your computer, your mouse, your hearing, or (possibly) all three. There
is no such thing as a "noisy mouse". What are you objecting to? The clicking
of the buttons? The slight 'ratcheting' noise made by the scroll wheel? The
'rasping' as you move it across the desk? If you don't like that, suggest
you don't use a mouse at all.

Next you'll be saying your keyboard is too noisy because the keys clatter as
you type!
Related resources
July 1, 2005 12:01:17 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

sf wrote:
> Is there such a think as a "quiet" mouse? It's ridiculously noisy!
> Why have they built in that noise when we know the technology is there
> to build in quietness instead? As long as I'm on the subject, why
> aren't "quiet" keyboards really quiet? I hate the racquet!
>
> sf
> who prefers working in a quiet environment

here ya go!
http://www.remington.com/NR/exeres/00001699pkelbgfuaerv...

--
Mike Pawlak
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 5:06:04 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

I would second that.

Nary a squeak from the mouse and the keyborad is as quiet as something
mechanical can be
:-)
--
Cheers,
Trevor L.Website: http://tandcl.homemail.com.au

Kevin wrote:
> What mouse noise are you referring to? My Logitech wireless keyboard
> is incredibly quiet. So is my Logitech wireless mouse.
>
> "sf" <sf@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:6829c1t4bnoi437h101eeq9i5757asamlo@4ax.com...
>>
>> Is there such a think as a "quiet" mouse? It's ridiculously noisy!
>> Why have they built in that noise when we know the technology is
>> there to build in quietness instead? As long as I'm on the subject,
>> why aren't "quiet" keyboards really quiet? I hate the racquet!
>>
>> sf
>> who prefers working in a quiet environment


I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?
http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html
July 1, 2005 6:29:33 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 06:19:13 +0100, Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:

> What are you objecting to? The clicking
> of the buttons? The slight 'ratcheting' noise made by the scroll wheel?

YES and yes.

> The 'rasping' as you move it across the desk?

Not a big problem, I keep my motions small so there's not much to
complain about and it's infrared so that helps too. Ain't technology
wonnerful?

> If you don't like that, suggest you don't use a mouse at all.
>
Using a mouse is easier than using that noisy keyboard, where I use as
few keys as humanly possible.

> Next you'll be saying your keyboard is too noisy because the keys clatter as
> you type!
>
That's exactly what I'm saying. I've used so called quiet keyboards
in the past and they weren't much quieter than the regular ones...
defintely not quiet enough to make it worth spending more than I'd
spend for an ordinary replacement board.
July 1, 2005 6:30:40 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 08:01:17 -0400, MAP wrote:

> sf wrote:
> > Is there such a think as a "quiet" mouse? It's ridiculously noisy!
> > Why have they built in that noise when we know the technology is there
> > to build in quietness instead? As long as I'm on the subject, why
> > aren't "quiet" keyboards really quiet? I hate the racquet!
> >
> > sf
> > who prefers working in a quiet environment
>
> here ya go!
> http://www.remington.com/NR/exeres/00001699pkelbgfuaerv...


Which only proves that no matter how much things change, they still
stay the same.
July 1, 2005 6:48:34 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 18:52:30 -0700, Kevin wrote:

> What mouse noise are you referring to?

If it's noise, I'm talking about it.

> My Logitech wireless keyboard is
> incredibly quiet. So is my Logitech wireless mouse.

I've already tried Logitech. It's not quiet enough to merit spending
any more on than I would spend on a no name brand.

Thanks
>
> "sf" <sf@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:6829c1t4bnoi437h101eeq9i5757asamlo@4ax.com...
> >
> > Is there such a think as a "quiet" mouse? It's ridiculously noisy!
> > Why have they built in that noise when we know the technology is there
> > to build in quietness instead? As long as I'm on the subject, why
> > aren't "quiet" keyboards really quiet? I hate the racquet!
> >
> > sf
> > who prefers working in a quiet environment
> >
>
July 1, 2005 9:57:22 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Mouses emit only a slight clicking sound, hardly annoying unless you are
obsessive... if you are using a real mouse, in which case, try not
squeezing the little devil so tightly.......
"sf" <sf@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:6829c1t4bnoi437h101eeq9i5757asamlo@4ax.com...
>
> Is there such a think as a "quiet" mouse? It's ridiculously noisy!
> Why have they built in that noise when we know the technology is there
> to build in quietness instead? As long as I'm on the subject, why
> aren't "quiet" keyboards really quiet? I hate the racquet!
>
> sf
> who prefers working in a quiet environment
>
July 1, 2005 9:57:23 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 17:57:22 -0400, Sandman wrote:

> Mouses emit only a slight clicking sound,

I guess you must have your stereo turn up to BLAST.

> hardly annoying unless you are obsessive...

Hardly annoying if you're deaf. Today's technology can eliminate the
noise and it should.
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 3:31:14 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

sf wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 06:19:13 +0100, Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:
>
>> What are you objecting to? The clicking
>> of the buttons? The slight 'ratcheting' noise made by the scroll
>> wheel?
>
> YES and yes.
>
>> The 'rasping' as you move it across the desk?
>
> Not a big problem, I keep my motions small so there's not much to
> complain about and it's infrared so that helps too. Ain't technology
> wonnerful?
>
>> If you don't like that, suggest you don't use a mouse at all.
>>
> Using a mouse is easier than using that noisy keyboard, where I use as
> few keys as humanly possible.
>
>> Next you'll be saying your keyboard is too noisy because the keys
>> clatter as you type!
>>
> That's exactly what I'm saying. I've used so called quiet keyboards
> in the past and they weren't much quieter than the regular ones...
> defintely not quiet enough to make it worth spending more than I'd
> spend for an ordinary replacement board.

Get a life, do!
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 4:15:51 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 17:12:01 -0700, sf wrote:

> Is there such a think as a "quiet" mouse? It's ridiculously noisy!
> Why have they built in that noise when we know the technology is there
> to build in quietness instead? As long as I'm on the subject, why
> aren't "quiet" keyboards really quiet? I hate the racquet!
>
> sf
> who prefers working in a quiet environment

Noise pollution is a serious topic in my opinion. I don't have the answer
for you but thought you might be interested in this URL:
http://www.quietpc.com

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 5:49:16 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

I don't get it. My Logitech Cordless Optical Mouse is silent, not just
quiet. You can't hear a thing when you click either button or use the
scroll wheel. My Logitech Wireless Keyboard is not totally silent, as in no
detectable noise whatsoever, but it makes the noises you expect from a
keyboard. Quiet, soft, clickety-clackety noises that serve to provide
feedback to the touch typist. By the way, it has incredible key feel and
response. I have a secretary friend who bought one after she tried mine and
she types 110 words per minute! She loves her Logitech keyboard.

"sf" <sf@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:gpdbc1tdna5tg30v1aou5falugiasfd2u6@4ax.com...
>
> On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 18:52:30 -0700, Kevin wrote:
>
>> What mouse noise are you referring to?
>
> If it's noise, I'm talking about it.
>
>> My Logitech wireless keyboard is
>> incredibly quiet. So is my Logitech wireless mouse.
>
> I've already tried Logitech. It's not quiet enough to merit spending
> any more on than I would spend on a no name brand.
>
> Thanks
>>
>> "sf" <sf@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:6829c1t4bnoi437h101eeq9i5757asamlo@4ax.com...
>> >
>> > Is there such a think as a "quiet" mouse? It's ridiculously noisy!
>> > Why have they built in that noise when we know the technology is there
>> > to build in quietness instead? As long as I'm on the subject, why
>> > aren't "quiet" keyboards really quiet? I hate the racquet!
>> >
>> > sf
>> > who prefers working in a quiet environment
>> >
>>
>
Anonymous
July 3, 2005 2:47:25 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

I wpuil; dendpred ebery singl eword/

And Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse is not expensive. I paid $A89-00
but since I have seen the price go down to I think as low as $A49-00 . If
not it was $A59-00. (Ah well!)

--
Cheers,
Trevor L., WIP (Web Interested Person)
Website: http://tandcl.homemail.com.au

Kevin wrote:
> I don't get it. My Logitech Cordless Optical Mouse is silent, not
> just quiet. You can't hear a thing when you click either button or
> use the scroll wheel. My Logitech Wireless Keyboard is not totally
> silent, as in no detectable noise whatsoever, but it makes the noises
> you expect from a keyboard. Quiet, soft, clickety-clackety noises
> that serve to provide feedback to the touch typist. By the way, it
> has incredible key feel and response. I have a secretary friend who
> bought one after she tried mine and she types 110 words per minute! She
> loves her Logitech keyboard.
> "sf" <sf@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:gpdbc1tdna5tg30v1aou5falugiasfd2u6@4ax.com...
>>
>> On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 18:52:30 -0700, Kevin wrote:
>>
>>> What mouse noise are you referring to?
>>
>> If it's noise, I'm talking about it.
>>
>>> My Logitech wireless keyboard is
>>> incredibly quiet. So is my Logitech wireless mouse.
>>
>> I've already tried Logitech. It's not quiet enough to merit spending
>> any more on than I would spend on a no name brand.
>>
>> Thanks
>>>
>>> "sf" <sf@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> news:6829c1t4bnoi437h101eeq9i5757asamlo@4ax.com...
>>> >
>>> > Is there such a think as a "quiet" mouse? It's ridiculously
>>> noisy! > Why have they built in that noise when we know the
>>> technology is there > to build in quietness instead? As long as
>>> I'm on the subject, why > aren't "quiet" keyboards really quiet? I hate
>>> the racquet! >
>>> > sf
>>> > who prefers working in a quiet environment
>>> >


I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?
http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html
Anonymous
July 3, 2005 5:18:25 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

I didn't do a spell check - my spell checker doesn't kick in automatically
any more

The first line should read:
I would endorse every single word

--
Cheers,
Trevor L., WIP (Web Interested Person)
Website: http://tandcl.homemail.com.au

Trevor L. wrote:
> I wpuil; dendpred ebery singl eword/
>
> And Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse is not expensive. I paid
> $A89-00 but since I have seen the price go down to I think as low as
> $A49-00 . If not it was $A59-00. (Ah well!)
>



I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?
http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html
July 3, 2005 5:21:42 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 13:49:16 -0700, Kevin wrote:

> I don't get it. My Logitech Cordless Optical Mouse is silent, not just
> quiet. You can't hear a thing when you click either button or use the
> scroll wheel. My Logitech Wireless Keyboard is not totally silent, as in no
> detectable noise whatsoever, but it makes the noises you expect from a
> keyboard. Quiet, soft, clickety-clackety noises that serve to provide
> feedback to the touch typist. By the way, it has incredible key feel and
> response.

If that's really true, it's time to try Logitech again.
July 3, 2005 5:25:59 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 12:15:51 -0500, Sharon F wrote:

> Noise pollution is a serious topic in my opinion.

Thank you! Too many people are half deaf from listening to audio
devices set on stun. Naturally, they don't care and belittle those
who do.
!