too much mouse noise

Is there such a think as a "quiet" mouse? It's ridiculously noisy!
Why have they built in that noise when we know the technology is there
to build in quietness instead? As long as I'm on the subject, why
aren't "quiet" keyboards really quiet? I hate the racquet!

sf
who prefers working in a quiet environment
16 answers Last reply
More about mouse noise

    What mouse noise are you referring to? My Logitech wireless keyboard is
    incredibly quiet. So is my Logitech wireless mouse.

    sf wrote:
    > Is there such a think as a "quiet" mouse? It's ridiculously noisy!
    > Why have they built in that noise when we know the technology is there
    > to build in quietness instead? As long as I'm on the subject, why
    > aren't "quiet" keyboards really quiet? I hate the racquet!
    >
    > sf
    > who prefers working in a quiet environment

    If you think your mouse is noisy, then there's something seriously wrong
    with your computer, your mouse, your hearing, or (possibly) all three. There
    is no such thing as a "noisy mouse". What are you objecting to? The clicking
    of the buttons? The slight 'ratcheting' noise made by the scroll wheel? The
    'rasping' as you move it across the desk? If you don't like that, suggest
    you don't use a mouse at all.

    Next you'll be saying your keyboard is too noisy because the keys clatter as
    you type!

    sf wrote:
    > Is there such a think as a "quiet" mouse? It's ridiculously noisy!
    > Why have they built in that noise when we know the technology is there
    > to build in quietness instead? As long as I'm on the subject, why
    > aren't "quiet" keyboards really quiet? I hate the racquet!
    >
    > sf
    > who prefers working in a quiet environment

    here ya go!
    http://www.remington.com/NR/exeres/00001699pkelbgfuaervnsvy/Product+Category.asp?NRMODE=Published&NRORIGINALURL=%2faccessories%2fhearing_protection%2fhearprot%2ehtm&NRNODEGUID=%7b77500E41-193A-40E1-8F7F-78CDF2AD2D94%7d&NRQUERYTERMINATOR=1&cookie%5Ftest=1

    --
    Mike Pawlak

    I would second that.

    Nary a squeak from the mouse and the keyborad is as quiet as something
    mechanical can be
    :-)
    --
    Cheers,
    Trevor L.Website: http://tandcl.homemail.com.au

    http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

    On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 06:19:13 +0100, Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:

    > What are you objecting to? The clicking
    > of the buttons? The slight 'ratcheting' noise made by the scroll wheel?

    YES and yes.

    > The 'rasping' as you move it across the desk?

    Not a big problem, I keep my motions small so there's not much to
    complain about and it's infrared so that helps too. Ain't technology
    wonnerful?

    > If you don't like that, suggest you don't use a mouse at all.

    Using a mouse is easier than using that noisy keyboard, where I use as
    few keys as humanly possible.

    > Next you'll be saying your keyboard is too noisy because the keys clatter as
    > you type!

    That's exactly what I'm saying. I've used so called quiet keyboards
    in the past and they weren't much quieter than the regular ones...
    defintely not quiet enough to make it worth spending more than I'd
    spend for an ordinary replacement board.

    On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 08:01:17 -0400, MAP wrote:

    > sf wrote:
    > > Is there such a think as a "quiet" mouse? It's ridiculously noisy!
    > > Why have they built in that noise when we know the technology is there
    > > to build in quietness instead? As long as I'm on the subject, why
    > > aren't "quiet" keyboards really quiet? I hate the racquet!
    > >
    > > sf
    > > who prefers working in a quiet environment
    >
    > here ya go!
    > http://www.remington.com/NR/exeres/00001699pkelbgfuaervnsvy/Product+Category.asp?NRMODE=Published&NRORIGINALURL=%2faccessories%2fhearing_protection%2fhearprot%2ehtm&NRNODEGUID=%7b77500E41-193A-40E1-8F7F-78CDF2AD2D94%7d&NRQUERYTERMINATOR=1&cookie%5Ftest=1

    Which only proves that no matter how much things change, they still
    stay the same.

    On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 18:52:30 -0700, Kevin wrote:

    > What mouse noise are you referring to?

    If it's noise, I'm talking about it.

    > My Logitech wireless keyboard is
    > incredibly quiet. So is my Logitech wireless mouse.

    I've already tried Logitech. It's not quiet enough to merit spending
    any more on than I would spend on a no name brand.

    Thanks

    > "sf" <sf@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Is there such a think as a "quiet" mouse? It's ridiculously noisy!
    > > Why have they built in that noise when we know the technology is there
    > > to build in quietness instead? As long as I'm on the subject, why
    > > aren't "quiet" keyboards really quiet? I hate the racquet!
    > >
    > > sf
    > > who prefers working in a quiet environment

    Mouses emit only a slight clicking sound, hardly annoying unless you are
    obsessive... if you are using a real mouse, in which case, try not
    squeezing the little devil so tightly.......

    On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 17:57:22 -0400, Sandman wrote:

    > Mouses emit only a slight clicking sound,

    I guess you must have your stereo turn up to BLAST.

    > hardly annoying unless you are obsessive...

    Hardly annoying if you're deaf. Today's technology can eliminate the
    noise and it should.
  10. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    sf wrote:
    > On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 06:19:13 +0100, Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:
    >
    >> What are you objecting to? The clicking
    >> of the buttons? The slight 'ratcheting' noise made by the scroll
    >> wheel?
    >
    > YES and yes.
    >
    >> The 'rasping' as you move it across the desk?
    >
    > Not a big problem, I keep my motions small so there's not much to
    > complain about and it's infrared so that helps too. Ain't technology
    > wonnerful?
    >
    >> If you don't like that, suggest you don't use a mouse at all.
    >>
    > Using a mouse is easier than using that noisy keyboard, where I use as
    > few keys as humanly possible.
    >
    >> Next you'll be saying your keyboard is too noisy because the keys
    >> clatter as you type!
    >>
    > That's exactly what I'm saying. I've used so called quiet keyboards
    > in the past and they weren't much quieter than the regular ones...
    > defintely not quiet enough to make it worth spending more than I'd
    > spend for an ordinary replacement board.

    Get a life, do!
  11. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 17:12:01 -0700, sf wrote:

    > Is there such a think as a "quiet" mouse? It's ridiculously noisy!
    > Why have they built in that noise when we know the technology is there
    > to build in quietness instead? As long as I'm on the subject, why
    > aren't "quiet" keyboards really quiet? I hate the racquet!
    >
    > sf
    > who prefers working in a quiet environment

    Noise pollution is a serious topic in my opinion. I don't have the answer
    for you but thought you might be interested in this URL:
    http://www.quietpc.com

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    I don't get it. My Logitech Cordless Optical Mouse is silent, not just
    quiet. You can't hear a thing when you click either button or use the
    scroll wheel. My Logitech Wireless Keyboard is not totally silent, as in no
    detectable noise whatsoever, but it makes the noises you expect from a
    keyboard. Quiet, soft, clickety-clackety noises that serve to provide
    feedback to the touch typist. By the way, it has incredible key feel and
    response. I have a secretary friend who bought one after she tried mine and
    she types 110 words per minute! She loves her Logitech keyboard.

    > On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 18:52:30 -0700, Kevin wrote:
    >
    >> What mouse noise are you referring to?
    >
    > If it's noise, I'm talking about it.
    >
    >> My Logitech wireless keyboard is
    >> incredibly quiet. So is my Logitech wireless mouse.
    >
    > I've already tried Logitech. It's not quiet enough to merit spending
    > any more on than I would spend on a no name brand.
    >
    > Thanks
    >>
    >> "sf" <sf@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > Is there such a think as a "quiet" mouse? It's ridiculously noisy!
    >> > Why have they built in that noise when we know the technology is there
    >> > to build in quietness instead? As long as I'm on the subject, why
    >> > aren't "quiet" keyboards really quiet? I hate the racquet!
    >> >
    >> > sf
    >> > who prefers working in a quiet environment

  13. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    I wpuil; dendpred ebery singl eword/

    And Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse is not expensive. I paid $A89-00
    but since I have seen the price go down to I think as low as $A49-00 . If
    not it was $A59-00. (Ah well!)

    --
    Cheers,
    Trevor L., WIP (Web Interested Person)

    Kevin wrote:
    > I don't get it. My Logitech Cordless Optical Mouse is silent, not
    > just quiet. You can't hear a thing when you click either button or
    > use the scroll wheel. My Logitech Wireless Keyboard is not totally
    > silent, as in no detectable noise whatsoever, but it makes the noises
    > you expect from a keyboard. Quiet, soft, clickety-clackety noises
    > that serve to provide feedback to the touch typist. By the way, it
    > has incredible key feel and response. I have a secretary friend who
    > bought one after she tried mine and she types 110 words per minute! She
    > loves her Logitech keyboard.
    > "sf" <sf@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 18:52:30 -0700, Kevin wrote:
    >>
    >>> What mouse noise are you referring to?
    >>
    >> If it's noise, I'm talking about it.
    >>
    >>> My Logitech wireless keyboard is
    >>> incredibly quiet. So is my Logitech wireless mouse.
    >>
    >> I've already tried Logitech. It's not quiet enough to merit spending
    >> any more on than I would spend on a no name brand.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>>
    >>> "sf" <sf@gmail.com> wrote in message

    >>> noisy! > Why have they built in that noise when we know the
    >>> technology is there > to build in quietness instead? As long as
    >>> I'm on the subject, why > aren't "quiet" keyboards really quiet? I hate
    >>> the racquet! >

    http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html
  14. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    I didn't do a spell check - my spell checker doesn't kick in automatically
    any more

    The first line should read:
    I would endorse every single word

    --

    Trevor L. wrote:
    > I wpuil; dendpred ebery singl eword/
    >
    > And Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse is not expensive. I paid
    > $A89-00 but since I have seen the price go down to I think as low as
    > $A49-00 . If not it was $A59-00. (Ah well!)

    http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html
  15. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 13:49:16 -0700, Kevin wrote:

    > I don't get it. My Logitech Cordless Optical Mouse is silent, not just
    > quiet. You can't hear a thing when you click either button or use the
    > scroll wheel. My Logitech Wireless Keyboard is not totally silent, as in no
    > detectable noise whatsoever, but it makes the noises you expect from a
    > keyboard. Quiet, soft, clickety-clackety noises that serve to provide
    > feedback to the touch typist. By the way, it has incredible key feel and
    > response.

    If that's really true, it's time to try Logitech again.
  16. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 12:15:51 -0500, Sharon F wrote:

    > Noise pollution is a serious topic in my opinion.

    Thank you! Too many people are half deaf from listening to audio
    devices set on stun. Naturally, they don't care and belittle those
    who do.

Configuration Mice Microsoft Customization Windows XP Product