Gainward Geforce GTX 670 running on PCI-E 3.0 x4

hinderaker

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2010
The last two weeks I bought and build two diffrent computers. One for me, and one for my friend! Mine consisted of a Intel i7-3770k on a Asus z77-V Deluxe motherboard with amizing graphics delivered by Zotac GeForce 670 AMP! My setup is running smooth and the UEFI and GPU-Z is showing that my GTX 670 is running on PCI-E 3.0 x16.

If I just could say the same about my friends setup! For him we ordered the Intel i5-3570k on a Asus z77-V (notice, its not the deluxe version) with graphics delivered by Gainward GeForce 670 2GB. He wanted a slightly lower budget computer. When it comes to his setup the UEFI and GPU-Z shows that his GTX 670 is running on PCI-E 3.0 x4. This is a problem as the only thing makeing him choose the i5-3570k over the i5-2500k was exactly the fact that it was ment for the future (Ivy Bridge with PCI-E 3.0 x16 support).

Hardware should all support PCI-E 3.0 x16. Bios is updated to latest version and user manual has been read 300 times now. Can't find any fix for this on Google either.

PS! This is not a power saving feutare as it shows exactly the same under heavy load. Also my setup is clocked down to PCI-E x16 v1.1 when in "power saving mode".

hinderaker

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2010

Thanks for quick reply. As I said it is not a power saving feature (down clock of bus speed or whatever). I have tested this, stress tests and hardcore gaming and its ALWAYS PCI-E 3.0 x4.

hinderaker

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2010

As in taking it out and put it back in? If so, then I've already tried that a couple of times. Thanks for the suggestion though I am really "lost" in what to do with this problem.

G

Sorry for late answer i have the same problem with Asus GTX 670 DCII i did 2 things to fix that problem FIRST i reseat the card (It must be not bended u can try to fix it with straight position with plastic thing that can tight the cables together) SECOND i unplug the 2 pci-e power supply then turn on my pc (dont worrry the fans still work) then close pc then plug the pci-e power supply and turn ur on ur pc NOW u can see it x16

Note: if u move ur pc or u move the card cable behind the pc while you play game or work on pc it goes again to X4 as the card is heavy and easy to bend

Sorry for my english i hope it can help

Karim.