Problems Connecting To Internet

Archived from groups: alt.comp.networking.connectivity (More info?)

Hi All, Hope someone can help me.

I have 2 computers connected together through home networking. I am using a
hub for the connection. I have cable modem for a connection to the internet
and my provider tells me in order to hook the second computer directly to
the internet I will have to pay for the second connection. But I can connect
through home networking will not cos anything. They network fine but the
second computer will not access the internet.
The main computer is running win m.e. and the second is running win
98.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
DreamWeaver

Oh I am also running zone alarm on the main.

martin

"DreamWeaver" <dreamweaver83@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All, Hope someone can help me.
>
> I have 2 computers connected together through home networking. I am using
> hub for the connection. I have cable modem for a connection to the
> internet
> and my provider tells me in order to hook the second computer directly to
> the internet I will have to pay for the second connection. But I can
> connect
> through home networking will not cos anything. They network fine but the
> second computer will not access the internet.
> The main computer is running win m.e. and the second is running win
> 98.
> Does anyone have any suggestions?
> DreamWeaver
>
> Oh I am also running zone alarm on the main.

How is the modem networked? Is it connected direct to a pc or to the hub?
If direct to one pc, is internet connection sharing activated?

I have 3 pc's running through a home network, with an ADSL modem/router
connected direct to the hub - all 3 pc's share the connection fine and no
need to pay any extra - the modem makes the connection and then just shares
it to the computers. If you can't do this then internet connection sharing
should let you share with the second pc, but you may have to configure zone
alarm to allow this - I had to add each computer to zone alarm before it
would allow them to talk to each other!

Archived from groups: alt.comp.networking.connectivity (More info?)

The internet is connected to the modem and the 2 computers are connected to
the hus. internet sharing is turned on.