What the best card for Multi Monitor Display?

lieutenantfrost

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2010
First let me say that I have never run a multi screen display for gaming before. What I'd like to know is, what kinda card will I need at minimum to run BF3, GW2 or other current titles at max resolution on a muli display? And what kinda problems can I expect to encounter regarding FPS etc? Im gonna go with a nvidia card so am I correct in guessing that is SLI an absolute must? if so where does the bar begin? gtx 680? will I need to OC the cards to get a smooth display on all 3 screens?

Also, is this more trouble than its worth? I saw it set up at best buy and was very impressed with how it looked but I don't want to drop significant cash only to buy myself a headache and a PITA.

Any thoughts or opinions would be much appreciated...

BF3 is a tough call especially if you want to set the graphics settings to ultra.

In all honesty, you are looking at the nVidia GTX 690.

bf3_5760_1080.gif

Review: http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_690/9.html

Nope. I don't have a 3 monitor setup. I only use 2 monitors, but not for games. Playing on 1 monitor is fine for me, I don't want to spend $1,000 on a graphics card. Besides I tend to buy pretty expensive monitors so I don't want to spend another $900 - $1,300 for a 3rd monitor on top of a nVidia GTX 690.