Win7 System Repair on USB flash card

jondil

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Hello,
I have a laptop without CD/DVD burner. Tried to create System Repair Disc from Windows Backup Restore tool but it does not recognize virtual CD drive, networked CD drive, or flash memory as a target to write the Repair disc. I do not have an external USB CD/DVD burner and don't want to buy one just to do this (I can normally read/write CD/DVDs via network to my tower PC). I've researched many sites and have found no clear solution. I've created a bootable USB flash and can bring up the Norton tool, but can't find the files to even copy over to create a repair tool. Would appreciate if someone has actually done this to share how they built a USB flash version of the Repair disc.
Thanks

Solution
this should help

scroll down to method 2 since you dont have a cd/dvd drive

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-repair-windows-7-from-usb-flash-drive-repair-without-installation-dvd-disc/

jondil

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Thanks for the link.

I also found that KernSafe TotalMounter 1.5 was able to mount a virtual DVD R/W drive that the Win7 Backup and Restore app recognized. I used that to create the ISO image of the Recovery Disc rather than purchase the ISO.