Status
Not open for further replies.

MarESam

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
Okay! so I bought my new Hardware awhile ago and build it
I'm a total newb so I view videos on youtube to learn
then it's perfectly fine BUT! my Power Supply have only 4-pin atx 12v! but my motherboard need 8-pin! is there any way to fix it?
or any third party hardware to have extra 4-pin atx 12v connector?

My Specs:

Amd trinity A6-5400K
G.Skill Ripjaws x 4gb(2x2) 1600Mhz
Corsair VS450 450Watts
Hp DVD-RW Optical Drive
WD 250gb blue
Sapphire HD 6570 1gb
Gigabyte GA-F2A85X-D3H
Antec 600SE

Need ASAP answers!!

MarESam

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012

Corsair VS450 450Watts

if your psu has only 4 pin for cpu power connect that 4 pin starting with the left connector meaning the second 4pin female port will remain empty, if you read your motherboard manual they should cover it

does that work?

dood just do what me and Darth Pravus said. why make it more complicated? :p

edit: and the picture you posted is simply an extension for your cpu 4 pin so you will still have a single 4 pin cable...just a little bit longer ;oooo

MarESam

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012

lol wrong picture here it is http://www.highpowersupply.com/product-ac-12v.htm well i'll try it (fingers crossed) xD

but what if i want to overclock(slight)? can an adapter work fine?

yes very interesting, also dont start overclocking untill you get some kind of artermarket heatsink for your processor. overclocking means running faster speeds than specified, faster speeds require more voltage to keep the thing stable, more voltage means more heat, more heat means less stability to you need a better cooler

MarESam

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012

Yes I need a better grades so that my parents will buy me a new Processor cooler and i'm not into overclocking but if it is needed i'll overclock xD but for now I wont and I will also buy that adapter to calm my brain :lol:

you can use the 4pin and it will work fine as long as you dont overclock the motherboard and cpu.
just plug it in as it only fits 1 way.
or if you want you can get a 4-8way converter off ebay. it wont make any difference to the overall performance or allow any more volts for overclocking but it will work just fine.

MarESam

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
It works great! Thanks for all the comments and sugestion especially for darth pravus and alvine! I connected the 4-pin to my 8-pin ATX and it works perfectly fine :D thanks alot guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.