List of wallpaper files

July 2, 2005 11:21:01 AM

This 'wallpaper' topic has been discussed a couple of times before.
I noticed a reply by Kelly on 1/6/2005 in a topic called 'Background images'
which triggered my curiosity. I initially replied to that message, but
perhaps that was not so smart as it is an old discussion. So I open a new
topic now, hoping that I will receive an answer to my question....

"Kelly" wrote on 1/6/2005:

> Or create subfolders within My Pictures.

I have the 'problem' that I get thousands of files listed in the background
selection window (via control panel / appearance and themes / change the
desktop background). This is probably because al my digital photographs
reside in My Pictures.

However, I have My Pictures organized pretty well with subfolders, actually
there is no single image in My Pictures, everything is stored in subfolders
like Adobe, Masters (where my digital photo 'negatives' live), Desktop (where
files live that are downsized and sharpened to serve as background image, so
these are the only files I would like to see listed) etc.

Kelly's quote gives me the impression that subfolders in My Pictures would
be a way to prevent all files from showing up in the background selection
window. If this impression is correct there is something wrong with my
installation.

Can someone please confirm that I interpret the quote correct?
And of course, if my interpretation is correct, how do I shoot this trouble?

TIA,
Herman.

More about : list wallpaper files

Anonymous
July 2, 2005 12:08:03 PM

Well, I guess I just answered my own question....

> there is no single image in My Pictures, everything is stored in subfolders

What I just did was to copy one JPG file to My Pictures.
That did it, now the long list of all images in subdirectories is gone.

Thanks for listening anyway ;-)
July 2, 2005 10:06:34 PM

Another way to deal with this.... Make a 'new folder' inside that folder (mY
Pictures) name it folder.jpg... That folder will be used as the folder art
for My Pictures and the folder itself will not show up as a jpg. in the
wallpaper thingy.... neato, huh..

!