Problems with PC -> Gaming at TV

Mendoza7700

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012
Hey guys!

So here is the deal:

I have a strong computer, and a 40" samsung flatscreen. As I have a illness that requires me to spend most of my time in bed, I play on my TV with wireless keyboard and mouse. I use a HDMI cable to connect the PC with the TV and there is no problem, as long as I am in the "extended displays function" - Here my movies and games runs fine, as long as in windowed mode.

However, when i try to use the fuction "Show desktop only on (monitor number) 1 or 2" the quality drops, and my games start to lagg. Skyrim and Diablo 3 for example, they auto adjust the settings. On my PC the settings are all set to Ultra, and there are no problems at all. When I Show the desktop on my Samsung flatscreen they auto adjust it to the lowest possible settings and it still laggs terribly.

Ofcourse i could just use the extend display fuction, but I am tired of not being able to play my games in fullscreen + Skyrim does not fuction well in windowed mode.

Does anyone know if there is a fix, or if it is impossible to use my TV as a fulltime PC monitor?

I use Windows 7 ultimate and have 2x Gforce GTX 570

Kind regards!

Mendoza7700

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012
Hello! I tried what you said. Now it autoadjusts it to medium settings, but it still lags terrible.

When i try to access my Nvidea settings it says my display is not attatched to a Nvideo CPU. Can this have something to do with it?

Mendoza7700

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012

Well i only have one HDMI port at the pack of my PC, beside all the other USB ports.. So I guess I'm plugging it into the motherboard

I suppose that's why you're getting very bad performance - when you plug a monitor to the motherboard, your graphics cards are disabled. You need an HDMI adapter so you could connect it to the top card. What ports do your GTX 570s have?

Mendoza7700

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012
Oh! After a closer look i found the HDMI port at the graphic card.. Sorry for taking up for time, when the answer was right infront of me all along.

But anyways, thanks a lot! I appriciate the help man!