Save As

July 3, 2005 5:19:41 PM

How do I change the "Save As" default from My Documents to C:?

TIA

More about : save

Anonymous
July 5, 2005 12:16:32 AM

sf <sf@gmail.com> wrote:

>How do I change the "Save As" default from My Documents to C:?

You don't. The default folder is usually hardcoded-in in the program.

--
(tm)
ICQ: 192649233

Thorsten Matzner wrote:
> sf <sf@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>How do I change the "Save As" default from My Documents to C:?
>

> You don't. The default folder is usually hardcoded-in in the program.

Are you sure about that? I think that only applies to a newly
created file and is a Windows function. (It certainly happens in
Word, Wordpad & Notepad.)

Checking in Word,if I open a File from my Documents folder (on my F
drive) and then choose Save As Word defaults to the Documents
folder. If I open a file in Word from the Downloads folder(on my G
drive) then Save as in Word defaults to the same Downloads folder.

Charlie.

--
Broadcasting to the environs
www.radiowymsey.org

Hello sf,

Sunday, July 3, 2005, 10:19:41 PM, you wrote:

> How do I change the "Save As" default from My Documents to C:?

> TIA"

Saving patterns are editable at some extent though there are some
disadvantages Here you get some examples. Be careful!

http://techpatterns.com/forums/about257.html

and this is another windows tweakers help thread
http://forum.tweakxp.com/forum/Topic7367-7-1.aspx

--
have a nice day,
begin@nogotoifelseanymore.end