Save As

How do I change the "Save As" default from My Documents to C:?

TIA
3 answers Last reply
More about save

    sf <sf@gmail.com> wrote:

    >How do I change the "Save As" default from My Documents to C:?

    You don't. The default folder is usually hardcoded-in in the program.

    --
    (tm)
    ICQ: 192649233

    Thorsten Matzner wrote:
    > sf <sf@gmail.com> wrote:
    >

    >>How do I change the "Save As" default from My Documents to C:?
    >

    > You don't. The default folder is usually hardcoded-in in the program.

    Are you sure about that? I think that only applies to a newly
    created file and is a Windows function. (It certainly happens in
    Word, Wordpad & Notepad.)

    Checking in Word,if I open a File from my Documents folder (on my F
    drive) and then choose Save As Word defaults to the Documents
    folder. If I open a file in Word from the Downloads folder(on my G
    drive) then Save as in Word defaults to the same Downloads folder.

    Charlie.

    --
    Broadcasting to the environs
    www.radiowymsey.org

    Hello sf,

    Sunday, July 3, 2005, 10:19:41 PM, you wrote:

    > How do I change the "Save As" default from My Documents to C:?

    > TIA"

    Saving patterns are editable at some extent though there are some
    disadvantages Here you get some examples. Be careful!

    http://techpatterns.com/forums/about257.html

    and this is another windows tweakers help thread
    http://forum.tweakxp.com/forum/Topic7367-7-1.aspx

    --
    have a nice day,
    begin@nogotoifelseanymore.end

    E fructu arbor cognoscitur

Configuration My Documents Microsoft Customization Windows XP