Sign in with
Your question

Can anyone help me out please.

Last response: in Systems
August 26, 2012 5:26:45 AM

Okay, so everyone. here's the deal.. im only 16 so i cant really buy a new pc but i love gaming so, i've decided that i just upgrade my graphics card.. im gonna display my pc specs and please tell me if it's okay..

1)Intel Core2Duo E7200 @ 2.53 Ghz
2)450W PSU
3)160 GB HDD
4)4 GB DDR2
5)Windows XP SP 2
5) * i have to buy a graphics card*.. please tell me which one to buy out of these;

*NVIDIA GeForce GT 610(1 GB DDR3)
*AMD/ATI Radeon HD5450(2 GB DDR3)
*NVIDIA GeForce GT 520( 2 GB DDR3)

P.S. please don't tell me to buy a new pc or new processor because i absolutely can't. . and is this rig okay for games like GTA 4 , assassins creed series , crysis, etc?... Just help me out with my graphics card. :)  :)  :)  :)  .. thanks in advance

More about : question

a b B Homebuilt system
August 26, 2012 5:44:33 AM

Can't you just ask your parents for money? all those cards you mentioned suck, they're not really for gaming...they more HTPC GPUs used in computers with no built-in GPUs.

That thing is NOT capable of running crysis,GTA or assassin creed (specailly this one becuase assassin creed is a CPU intensive game) .... anyways, either ask your parents for money,start working or don't buy anything because no matter what you add to that build it will suck....i am sorry but thats the truth :D 
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
a c 80 U Graphics card
August 26, 2012 7:09:29 AM

While the "can't you just ask your parents for money? " bit is rather... Inappropriate...

Those GPUs are not for gaming. A 6670 for 50 bucks would be your best bet.
http://www.Newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=14-102-...

That being said your CPU is pretty weak, and you are wanting to play crysis, which takes high end hardware, and GTA 4 which is horribly coded. it does meet their minimum specs for all 3. just don't plan on playing at high resolutions or details. And I don't know how its gonna play

And upgrade windows XP to service pack 3... Support for service pack 2 ended years ago which means you are not getting security updates. And its required for GTA 4
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
August 27, 2012 3:03:31 AM

unksol said:
While the "can't you just ask your parents for money? " bit is rather... Inappropriate...

it might be inappropriate but it is the truth... that build sucks in every way and you can't game on it.... not unless you game @640x480 :lol: 
m
l
!