How do I set up my thinkpad to get wireless?

oliver59149

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011
I have a thinkpad, and my friend next door said I could use their wireless which is set up through COX. I click on the icon at the lower right that shows wireless strength and a window opens up called "access connections" I don't know what to do from there. I see the wireless icon for the one next door on the diagram, I click on it which highlights it, then I click on "connect". It looks like it is going to connect because a green bar starts to fill in the "location" : "name" place, but then a little window pops up that says "connection failed.

If I click on "help me fix this", it suggests that "PSK mismatch is suspected". And error code 294932

Recommended action: Verify that the encryption settings (WEP/TKIP/AES) specified in this profile match those expected by the wireless network.

I have no idea how to do this. Any advice?

Solution

juliapet

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011

Hi,
I have the same problem. I already entered MAC name of my thinkpad into my router and still I cannot be connected to my own internet. The laptop shows me the router when I ask it to find, then later doesn't show like it doesn't see it... If I connect to it through local cable, it works, but wireless.... only error 294932 or 229378
When I was in a different place, my laptop caught the connection and I used wireless internet without problems. But I cannot connect to my own internet at home...

Did you find the decision?

Solution

oliver59149

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011

My problem was fixed long ago when a friend came over and messed with it. I have no idea what she did, but it works now. Sorry I can't help you.