Sign in with
Your question

Why won't my fan speeds stick? (GTX 560ti)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 7, 2012 3:15:16 PM

I have tried using both EVGA Precision X and MSI Afterburner. - I'll set my fan speeds at 65% and get good gaming temps (60c), but then all of a sudden my fan speeds drop to 45-50% and my temp shoots up to 83c.

Why won't my fan speeds stay at the percentage I am setting them at?

Auto is turned off.
a b U Graphics card
July 7, 2012 6:02:32 PM

irish cannon said:
I have tried using both EVGA Precision X and MSI Afterburner. - I'll set my fan speeds at 65% and get good gaming temps (60c), but then all of a sudden my fan speeds drop to 45-50% and my temp shoots up to 83c.

Auto is turned off.

Maybe its a driver problem?

Or maybe you have a custom fan curve that tells the GPU fan to throttle down when gaming.
m
l
December 1, 2012 9:15:18 PM

irish cannon said:

Auto is turned off.

i have same like op, i set the fan to max ( auto not checked ) and at certain points it changes the speed .

( this probably happens due to bad programming from stupid driver and software makers , if i am at steam and switch to left shift + tab m or game minimized or game looses focus in general - then stupid evga sftwre changes the fan, however there is simple fix : if user set fan speed then this option is greater than evga software settings , this will keep users settings above evga's settings for fan - let them programmers program a loop that is greater than the existing fan loops and put user fan setting higher )

oh and by the way just because nvidia posts tools for programers to make custom fan chart curve that doesnt mean that nvidia tools are ok - i have had problems with stupid nvidias custom fan curves since many drivers back simply becasue them dont work properly ( the curve temp charts ) , its a good idea but implementation lacks somewhere *

there is a reason wy experttool made it ok this far = simple and does its job

at least fix this fan speed refernce to precision x chaning the fan speed that a user has set , this must not change - especially when we dont have auto checked
m
l
!