ddan49

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
Hello,

So I'm going to get a 7850, and I'm going for a quiet build. I'm stuck between the following three cards:

MSI Twin Frozr III OC 7850
ASUS DirectCUII 7850
MSI Power Edition 7850

I know that the performance differences are marginal. I don't have a side fan in the case. Size is not a problem for me, either (with the cooler on the ASUS). I really need the card to be the quietest possible (but not like... a single fan or fanless). I'll be overclocking it (which goes against the quiet part) at times, so that's a factor as well. I've been leaning towards the ASUS, but the other two are now in stock! Which one should I go with?

Thanks!

ddan49

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
Well, I did, but I didn't find any websites that had a side-by-side of all three. And all three's customer reviews say "it's really quiet". I can't go with db readings off of separate websites, either, for the obvious reasons. Thanks for the input, though :)

Mr T says: SORRY FOR SHOUTING, MAN, (cough), the Crazy Man has my head on fire! ;)
But I still think the Asus is good, their DirectCU tech has always given good results and they're a quality builder.
Otherwise, as they say, money talks. If they're that close together go for the cheapest.
Remember, Fellow Vet, your mileage with the overclock is going to be small with cards that are already factory overclocked.