Will these parts work together?

davec80

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012

Will it work? Maybe. Will it be reliable? I wouldn't bet on it. It's been known for decades that adding multiple RAM sticks (even to a server board) is a bad idea. Try to limit the number of RAM sticks to 4 or less, 2 if you can get away with it. That is, if you want a *reliable* server. Yes, I understand the server board has 16 RAM slots. Only a fool would try to use all of them, though. What do you think you could use 128GB of RAM for anyway? I can see some CAD application perhaps. But a server? I doubt if you'll even hit 2GB of physical RAM usage, ever. In fact, I predict your server will average 1.4GB of physical RAM usage, plus or minus .1GB. So what's the other ~126GB for, exactly? Just multiplying MTBF, to put it bluntly. If you want severe overkill, buy two of the 8GB RAM sticks on your list. That's still 8 times as much RAM as your server will ever use. But now you'll have a reliable server

Oh, and 1000W would be a perfect size for your power supply. I'd suggest you switch to this:
http://www.scorptec.com.au/computer/43324-x-1050
That will save you some money and be much better quality than the Thermaltake 1500.
It would be better to buy a good quality 1000W power supply than an iffy quality 1500W power supply. And since you're tripling the video cards to start with, you are NOT going to upgrade this system past the capabilities of a good 1000W power supply. So buying a size larger (than 1000W) would not gain you anything in the short OR long run.

ToilJosh

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012

The purpose is to sell VPS's to people. But with the RAM, they get a portion of the GPU power aswell.