brianlittle

Honorable
Jul 4, 2012
I recently bought a 680 w Power supply and i upgraded to it because my
450w power supply wouldnt be able to power my new Radeon 7850 .
So i went to install the new power supply today and there wasnt a 6 Pin PCI adapter to power my video card ! :fou:

I think i can buy an adapter but where? and for cheap ?

Do yourself a favor and return that thing right now. I'm serious, do not let that PSU touch both an electrical cord and a computer at the same time. It's a knockoff and will not deliver anywhere near 680 watts, perhaps 200 at most before blowing up.

+++^!!!

That unit is absolute junk. Any 650w psu that does not have two 6 pin pci-e leads is junk.
If you look at the specs, it says it can deliver only 22a on the +12v rail. That is about what a 300w psu can do.
They get 680w by delivering amperage to the 3 and 5v leads which is easier to do, but the graphics cards use 12v.

Do not plug it in!!! It can not only fail, but it can destroy anything it is connected to.

Stick with a quality psu. My short list of quality psu's would include Antec, Corsair, XFX, Seasonic, and PC P&C.

This Corsair 500w unit will do the job.
It delivers 34a. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139027

brianlittle

Honorable
Jul 4, 2012
im going to return the one i just got on monday and i think they have that 430 watt at the store i bought the other one , and if they dont happen to have that there , will the coolermaster 500w? do it ? because i know they have one of those there