Start -> Program

when i click Start->Program, it only shows me the programs in one column
format with the scrollbar. is there any way to make it appear all programs in
2(or 3) column format.

Thanks
Terence
4 answers Last reply
More about start program

    mtzo81 wrote:
    > when i click Start->Program, it only shows me the programs in one
    > column format with the scrollbar. is there any way to make it appear
    > all programs in 2(or 3) column format.

    Start --> All Programs?
    Are you wanting to expand everything(all sub-folders) or just wanting to get
    rid of the annoying scroll action?
    Personally - if you have a scroll action or need multiple columns - I think
    you need to straighten up the mess you call a start menu - because in any
    given day it is doubtful you use everything you would be able to see.

    Look in the "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" control panel, Start Menu
    tab, Customize button, Advanced tab --> Start Menu items selections for
    "Scroll Programs".. Uncheck it.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    Hi Terence

    Right click on the Start button and select Properties>Customize. Then
    scroll down the list and uncheck 'Use Personalized Menus'.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "mtzo81" <mtzo81@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > when i click Start->Program, it only shows me the programs in one column
    > format with the scrollbar. is there any way to make it appear all programs
    > in
    > 2(or 3) column format.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Terence

    Thanks Denny and Stanley. I managed to solve it.

    "Will Denny" wrote:

    > Hi Terence
    >
    > Right click on the Start button and select Properties>Customize. Then
    > scroll down the list and uncheck 'Use Personalized Menus'.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "mtzo81" <mtzo81@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > when i click Start->Program, it only shows me the programs in one column
    > > format with the scrollbar. is there any way to make it appear all programs
    > > in
    > > 2(or 3) column format.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > > Terence

    Glad your problem is sorted.

    --

    > Thanks Denny and Stanley. I managed to solve it.
    >
    > "Will Denny" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Terence
    >>
    >> Right click on the Start button and select Properties>Customize. Then
    >> scroll down the list and uncheck 'Use Personalized Menus'.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Will Denny
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >> Please reply to the News Groups
    >>

    >> "mtzo81" <mtzo81@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > when i click Start->Program, it only shows me the programs in one
    >> > column
    >> > format with the scrollbar. is there any way to make it appear all
    >> > programs
    >> > in
    >> > 2(or 3) column format.
    >> >
    >> > Thanks
    >> > Terence

Configuration Microsoft Customization Format Windows XP