Sign in with
Your question

Graphics card Fan Change?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 7, 2012 6:20:51 PM

Hello
I want to change my gt 430 graphics card fan because its to small, but wanted to know if all Graphics card fans fit on any graphics card (and if not how to find out?)
July 7, 2012 6:44:25 PM

hi thanks for your reply but i've all ready bought another and better graphics card i want to put this into another computer and don't want to buy another graphics card, thanks any way :) 
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
July 7, 2012 6:48:22 PM

gear-that-kill said:
hi thanks for your reply but i've all ready bought another and better graphics card i want to put this into another computer and don't want to buy another graphics card, thanks any way :) 

Zip tie a spare 80 or 120mm fan pointing to the front or back of the graphics card. Once again, I wouldn't invest any money on something that old and lower end.
a c 540 U Graphics card
July 7, 2012 6:56:08 PM

What is the brand and model number of the GeForce GT 430? Is the graphics card an OEM card or a Retail card?

Some brands use custom cooler designs so the fans are not all the same across all brands.
July 7, 2012 7:12:48 PM

It is a retail card (bought it from amazon) made by asus and dont know how to find the model number :) 
a c 540 U Graphics card
July 7, 2012 8:18:06 PM

gear-that-kill said:
It is a retail card (bought it from amazon) made by asus and dont know how to find the model number :) 

It's not the ENGT430 DC SL/DI/1GD3 because that one uses passive cooling.

The remaining two models, the ENGT430/DI/1GD3(LP) and the ENGT430/DI/1GD3/MG(LP), use an ASUS proprietary heatsink and fan assembly. Although it does look like a 37mm or 40mm tab mount fan. Cooling ability can be adversely affected if you get a fan that is under spec'd.

You can try contacting ASUS and asking if you can get one from them.
July 8, 2012 12:00:00 PM

found the number :)  its the ENGT430/DI/1GD3/MG(LP) and has a fan as cooling
!