Sign in with
Your question

Will gtx 670 work with 500w

Last response: in Components
January 9, 2013 9:24:43 PM

Hello, I'm kinda a noob to this stuff and was wondering if one of y'all could help me out. I recently bought a gigabyte gtx 670 windforce edition and was wondering if my power supply will be able to support it. At least until I can afford a better one. This is my power supply

http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-eXtreme-Supply-RS50...

Any answers will be appreciated, thanks!

More about : gtx 670 work 500w

a b ) Power supply
January 9, 2013 9:38:00 PM

Easily
m
l
January 9, 2013 9:42:51 PM

Well, Cooler Master is not usually high on the list of PSU brands.

Need to know what the rest of your setup is like in order to advise for sure. Thanks.
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
January 9, 2013 9:44:56 PM

500W is perfectly sufficient (depending on what else you have in your system), but that's a pretty poor quality PSU.
You'll need to use 4pin molex adaptors as it only has a single PCIe connector.

There's not a lot of harm in giving it a go for a short period, but definitely look at replacing it.
m
l
January 9, 2013 10:31:47 PM

Im not running anything major I've got a 500gb western digital hard drive, and a amd quad core processor at 2.2ghz, if you want a full rundown I can give you it. I'm definitely gonna be lookin for a new power supply in the near future. I think the 4 pin adapters you are speaking of came with the card. I'm guessing I attach the PCIe 6 pin into the card and use 2x4 pins from the PSU to the adapter thingy and plug that 8 pin into the card?
m
l
a c 296 ) Power supply
January 9, 2013 10:46:02 PM

Swagginator said:
Im not running anything major I've got a 500gb western digital hard drive, and a amd quad core processor at 2.2ghz, if you want a full rundown I can give you it. I'm definitely gonna be lookin for a new power supply in the near future. I think the 4 pin adapters you are speaking of came with the card. I'm guessing I attach the PCIe 6 pin into the card and use 2x4 pins from the PSU to the adapter thingy and plug that 8 pin into the card?

Hi - realhardtechX suggests 500w for a system with a gtx670.
While the CM psu you have is known to be a poor quality unit,
it does deliver it's rated output. No need to upgrade right now,
but you might want to start saving for a psu upgrade down the road.

Tom
m
l
January 9, 2013 11:42:17 PM

Rammy said:
500W is perfectly sufficient (depending on what else you have in your system), but that's a pretty poor quality PSU.
You'll need to use 4pin molex adaptors as it only has a single PCIe connector.

There's not a lot of harm in giving it a go for a short period, but definitely look at replacing it.

Do you have any cheap( but ya know gooood) suggestions for a new PSU?
m
l
!