DKU-2 and DKU-5

can anyone explain the diff pls? have a 6610 and a 6100 and am planning to
get a 6230 as well
thx
andy
4
answers
Last reply
More about tomshardware

    The DKU-2 is designed for Nokia phones that have USB circuitry built into
    the phones, ie the 6230 among others. Essentially, it is just a bare cable
    to connect your phone to your computer. The DKU-5 on the other hand
    incorporates the USB circuitry into the cable itself, as the phones it is
    designed for (ie 6610, 7210, 7250 etc) do not have USB circuitry built into
    the phone unit themselves.

    I don't believe the two types are compatible with one another, but I'm not
    entirely sure.

    Cheers,
    Eminent

    "Andy Bolger" <abolger@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    > can anyone explain the diff pls? have a 6610 and a 6100 and am planning to
    > get a 6230 as well
    > thx
    > andy

    The DKU-5 does not contain USB circuitry but contains circuitry for
    USB to Serial conversion. The driver software ads a serial port for
    the phone and not a true USB connection.

    Steven

    On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 20:15:18 +1000, "Eminent" <eminent@illuminate.com>
    wrote:

    >The DKU-2 is designed for Nokia phones that have USB circuitry built into
    >the phones, ie the 6230 among others. Essentially, it is just a bare cable
    >to connect your phone to your computer. The DKU-5 on the other hand
    >incorporates the USB circuitry into the cable itself, as the phones it is
    >designed for (ie 6610, 7210, 7250 etc) do not have USB circuitry built into
    >the phone unit themselves.
    >
    >I don't believe the two types are compatible with one another, but I'm not
    >entirely sure.
    >
    >Cheers,
    >Eminent
    >
    >"Andy Bolger" <abolger@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    >> can anyone explain the diff pls? have a 6610 and a 6100 and am planning to
    >> get a 6230 as well
    >> thx
    >> andy

    On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 14:43:59 -0600, Stefan
    <scjerkinsnospam@hotmail.withoutspam.com> wrote:

    >On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 20:15:18 +1000, "Eminent" <eminent@illuminate.com>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>The DKU-2 is designed for Nokia phones that have USB circuitry built into
    >>the phones, ie the 6230 among others. Essentially, it is just a bare cable
    >>to connect your phone to your computer. The DKU-5 on the other hand
    >>incorporates the USB circuitry into the cable itself, as the phones it is
    >>designed for (ie 6610, 7210, 7250 etc) do not have USB circuitry built into
    >>the phone unit themselves.
    {..}
    >The DKU-5 does not contain USB circuitry but contains circuitry for
    >USB to Serial conversion. The driver software ads a serial port for

    You appear to have repeated what 'Eminent' said.

    Gav

    "Andy Bolger" <abolger@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:<413dd6cb$0$15560$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>...
    > can anyone explain the diff pls? have a 6610 and a 6100 and am planning to
    > get a 6230 as well

    The main difference is, that in case of DKU-5 cable the cable is
    device, that is being connected (as it contains special micro-chip),
    when in case of DKU-2- the phone is the device, that is being
    connected- in this case, microcontroller is installed in phone itself
    and the cable is only wire with plugs. That's why DKU-2 cables are
    cheaper, than DKU-5. DKU-2 cables are incompatible with DKU-5 phones.
    I.e., you will need DKU-5 for 6610 and 6100 and DKU-2 for Nokia 6230.

    We support only DKU-5 in our program, but we are working on DKU-2
    support also now.

    http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

    Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
    support@oxygensoftware.com