Restoring Default Display Settings?

Hi,

I apologize if I missed the answer to this question while searching the
forum.

I used a program called Window Washer today, and after using it, I
found that my display settings had all been changed. No way to undo
what I did via Window Washer from what I could tell.

I've been messing around with the display settings for a couple of
hours trying to reset them to what they were, which was the default
settings...The text everywhere I go is now a different font, and very
dark.

In Advanced Appearance area the "window text" doesn't seem to have any
option to change the font, only the color.

Is there a way to restore these settings back to default? Or at least
some written guide showing what they were so I could do it manually
without experimenting for hours? Thanks!

--somedevil

--
somedevil
1 answer Last reply

    How about a System Restore to a point just before having run Window Washer??
    Heirloom, old and backup, backup, backup

    "somedevil" <somedevil.1rmzhy@news.xpbanter.com> wrote in message

    > Hi,
    >
    > I apologize if I missed the answer to this question while searching the
    > forum.
    >
    > I used a program called Window Washer today, and after using it, I
    > found that my display settings had all been changed. No way to undo
    > what I did via Window Washer from what I could tell.
    >
    > I've been messing around with the display settings for a couple of
    > hours trying to reset them to what they were, which was the default
    > settings...The text everywhere I go is now a different font, and very
    > dark.
    >
    > In Advanced Appearance area the "window text" doesn't seem to have any
    > option to change the font, only the color.
    >
    > Is there a way to restore these settings back to default? Or at least
    > some written guide showing what they were so I could do it manually
    > without experimenting for hours? Thanks!
    >
    > --somedevil
    >

    > --
    > somedevil

Configuration Default Customization Microsoft Windows XP Displays