Sign in with
Your question

Is this temperature safe?

Last response: in CPUs
January 10, 2013 1:14:32 AM

My i5 3570K tops out at 80-85C while playing games (with discrete GPU), never really drops below 70C. This is at STOCK clocks (3.8Ghz Turbo). All I want to know is, is this safe? Or am I causing degradation to my CPU? Intel says the "TCase temperature" is 67.4C. I don't know what TCase means exactly, but it kinda sounds like I shouldn't be above this temperature.

More about : temperature safe

a c 197 à CPUs
January 10, 2013 2:29:23 AM

Murderotica926 said:
My i5 3570K tops out at 80-85C while playing games (with discrete GPU), never really drops below 70C. This is at STOCK clocks (3.8Ghz Turbo). All I want to know is, is this safe? Or am I causing degradation to my CPU? Intel says the "TCase temperature" is 67.4C. I don't know what TCase means exactly, but it kinda sounds like I shouldn't be above this temperature.

your cpu cooler not on right..it not down or you used to much thermal paste or a cheap brand. the idle temp if the cpu not over clocked should be 35-50c. it should be closer to 35c with the evo 212 heat sink. your max temps should be 50-60c with that good aftermarket heat sink. the t-case is the temp of the outside of the cpu case.
m
l
January 10, 2013 3:09:29 AM

My evo 212 is not installed yet. I just ordered it a couple days ago because my intention is to do at least some overclocking and I wouldn't dare overclock on stock cooling.

I'm getting these temps with a stock cooler on stock temps. I just want to know if it's safe to be gaming at these temperatures while I wait for my evo 212 to arrive, or if I'm risking degradation.
m
l
a c 197 à CPUs
January 10, 2013 3:35:21 PM

as i posted before your cpu cooler not on right. the stock cooler legs are not locked so the heat sink not down..your slowly cooking your cpu.
m
l
!