Add Start Menu Shortcut Manually

If I drag and drop an shortcut into the Start Menu (not All Programs) where
can I find the location folder, so that I can later automate adding icons?

Great, how about adding folder or file?

"Windcell" wrote:

> If I drag and drop an shortcut into the Start Menu (not All Programs) where
> can I find the location folder, so that I can later automate adding icons?

C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name Here\Start Menu
or
%homepath%\Start Menu

and

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu
or
%allusersprofile%\Start Menu
-----

Right click the Start button | Explore All Users

Start | Run | Paste: %homepath%\Start Menu | Click OK

Start | Run | Paste: %allusersprofile%\Start Menu | Click OK

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:ED6D202E-C66D-4664-B6A3-3D68B8720A8C@microsoft.com,
Windcell <Windcell@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

Windcell wrote:
> If I drag and drop an shortcut into the Start Menu (not All Programs)
> where can I find the location folder, so that I can later automate
> adding icons?

Automating the creation of ICONS should be done to the actual directories in
question, not the pretty GUI.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu
C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Start Menu

Environment variables are availble for your use.. In a batch script, the
above two lines could be put as the lines below and it will work for each
user...

C:\Documents and Settings\%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu
C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Start Menu

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

I'm referring to the XP Start Menu just above All Programs on the left hand
side which allows drag and drop of shortcuts. Your response adds icons to
Start-->All Programs.

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> Windcell wrote:
> > If I drag and drop an shortcut into the Start Menu (not All Programs)
> > where can I find the location folder, so that I can later automate
> > adding icons?
>
> Automating the creation of ICONS should be done to the actual directories in
> question, not the pretty GUI.
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu
> C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Start Menu
>
> Environment variables are availble for your use.. In a batch script, the
> above two lines could be put as the lines below and it will work for each
> user...
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu
> C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Start Menu
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Where?

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:D25CAF19-8E04-45FB-BAA5-4CCCEE9F93A8@microsoft.com,
Windcell <Windcell@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Great, how about adding folder or file?
>
> "Windcell" wrote:
>
>> If I drag and drop an shortcut into the Start Menu (not All Programs)
>> where can I find the location folder, so that I can later automate
>> adding icons?

The top left quadrant is the Pin list, and the bottom quadrant is the MFU
list.

There is no programmatic access to the Start Menu Pin list. But here is a
workaround
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/resources/qanda/nov04/hey1111.mspx
--
Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Windcell" <Windcell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm referring to the XP Start Menu just above All Programs on the left
> hand
> side which allows drag and drop of shortcuts. Your response adds icons to
> Start-->All Programs.
>
> "Shenan Stanley" wrote:
>
>> Windcell wrote:
>> > If I drag and drop an shortcut into the Start Menu (not All Programs)
>> > where can I find the location folder, so that I can later automate
>> > adding icons?
>>
>> Automating the creation of ICONS should be done to the actual directories
>> in
>> question, not the pretty GUI.
>>
>> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu
>> C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Start Menu
>>
>> Environment variables are availble for your use.. In a batch script, the
>> above two lines could be put as the lines below and it will work for each
>> user...
>>
>> C:\Documents and Settings\%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu
>> C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Start Menu
>>
>> --
>> Shenan Stanley
>> MS-MVP
>> --

<snip>

Great, how about adding a folder or file to the Start Menu List (non-Classic
view)?

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> The top left quadrant is the Pin list, and the bottom quadrant is the MFU
> list.
>
> There is no programmatic access to the Start Menu Pin list. But here is a
> workaround
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/resources/qanda/nov04/hey1111.mspx
> --
> Ramesh, MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>
> Windows XP Troubleshooting
> http://www.winhelponline.com
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>
> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx
>

> "Windcell" <Windcell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm referring to the XP Start Menu just above All Programs on the left
> > hand
> > side which allows drag and drop of shortcuts. Your response adds icons to
> > Start-->All Programs.

> >> Automating the creation of ICONS should be done to the actual directories
> >> in
> >> question, not the pretty GUI.
> >>
> >> C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu
> >> C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Start Menu
> >>
> >> Environment variables are availble for your use.. In a batch script, the
> >> above two lines could be put as the lines below and it will work for each
> >> user...
> >>
> >> C:\Documents and Settings\%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu
> >> C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Start Menu
> >>
> >> --
> >> Shenan Stanley
> >> MS-MVP
> >> --
>
> <snip>

Sorry, no idea how to Pin a folder (or shortcut to a folder).

--

> Great, how about adding a folder or file to the Start Menu List
> (non-Classic
> view)?
>
> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> The top left quadrant is the Pin list, and the bottom quadrant is the MFU
>> list.
>>
>> There is no programmatic access to the Start Menu Pin list. But here is a
>> workaround
>> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/resources/qanda/nov04/hey1111.mspx
>> --
>> Ramesh, MS-MVP
>> Windows Shell/User
>>
>> Windows XP Troubleshooting
>> http://www.winhelponline.com
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>
>> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx

Hi,

Quite easy actually. Drag and drop the folder on the Start button.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

In memory of Alex Nichol

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

> Sorry, no idea how to Pin a folder (or shortcut to a folder).
>
> --
> Ramesh, MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>
> Windows XP Troubleshooting
> http://www.winhelponline.com
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>
> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx
>

> "Windcell" <Windcell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Great, how about adding a folder or file to the Start Menu List (non-Classic
>> view)?
>>
>> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>>
>>> The top left quadrant is the Pin list, and the bottom quadrant is the MFU
>>> list.
>>>
>>> There is no programmatic access to the Start Menu Pin list. But here is a
>>> workaround
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/resources/qanda/nov04/hey1111.mspx
>>> --
>>> Ramesh, MS-MVP
>>> Windows Shell/User
>>>
>>> Windows XP Troubleshooting
>>> http://www.winhelponline.com
>>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>>
>>> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx

Hi Anando,

Yes, I'm aware of that method. I believe the OP wants to automate this
process across several systems. The original query states "so that I can
later automate adding icons". The scripting method does not work for
folders, as the "Pin" verb can't be invoked.

Thanks!

--

"Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Quite easy actually. Drag and drop the folder on the Start button.
>
> --
>
> Anando
> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
> http://www.mvps.org
>
> In memory of Alex Nichol
>
> Folder customizations
> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>
> Protect your PC!
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Sorry, no idea how to Pin a folder (or shortcut to a folder).
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, MS-MVP
>> Windows Shell/User
>>
>> Windows XP Troubleshooting
>> http://www.winhelponline.com
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>
>> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx
>>

>> "Windcell" <Windcell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Great, how about adding a folder or file to the Start Menu List
>>> (non-Classic
>>> view)?

Ahh didnt notice that. Damn !! :eek:)

--

> Hi Anando,
>
> Yes, I'm aware of that method. I believe the OP wants to automate this process across several
> systems. The original query states "so that I can later automate adding icons". The scripting
> method does not work for folders, as the "Pin" verb can't be invoked.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Ramesh, MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>
> Windows XP Troubleshooting
> http://www.winhelponline.com
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>
> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx
>

> "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message news:OekJb2ngFHA.3940@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> Hi,
>>
>> Quite easy actually. Drag and drop the folder on the Start button.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Anando
>> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
>> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
>> http://www.mvps.org
>>
>> In memory of Alex Nichol
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/meetexperts/nichol.mspx
>>
>> Folder customizations
>> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>>
>> Protect your PC!
>> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>>

>> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Sorry, no idea how to Pin a folder (or shortcut to a folder).
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ramesh, MS-MVP
>>> Windows Shell/User
>>>
>>> Windows XP Troubleshooting
>>> http://www.winhelponline.com
>>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>>
>>> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx
>>>

>>> "Windcell" <Windcell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

No problem :)

--

> Ahh didnt notice that. Damn !! :eek:)
>
> --
>
> Anando
> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
> http://www.mvps.org
>
> In memory of Alex Nichol
>
> Folder customizations
> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>
> Protect your PC!
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Hi Anando,
>>
>> Yes, I'm aware of that method. I believe the OP wants to automate this
>> process across several systems. The original query states "so that I can
>> later automate adding icons". The scripting method does not work for
>> folders, as the "Pin" verb can't be invoked.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, MS-MVP
>> Windows Shell/User
>>
>> Windows XP Troubleshooting
>> http://www.winhelponline.com
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org

I added the context handler to folders and directories but that didn't help.

Ditto here David. :)

--

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
I added the context handler to folders and directories but that didn't help.

"Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Ahh didnt notice that. Damn !! :eek:)
>
> --
>
> Anando
> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
> http://www.mvps.org
>
> In memory of Alex Nichol
>
> Folder customizations
> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>
> Protect your PC!
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Hi Anando,
>>
>> Yes, I'm aware of that method. I believe the OP wants to automate this
>> process across several
>> systems. The original query states "so that I can later automate adding
>> icons". The scripting
>> method does not work for folders, as the "Pin" verb can't be invoked.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, MS-MVP
>> Windows Shell/User
>>
>> Windows XP Troubleshooting
>> http://www.winhelponline.com
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>
>> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx
>>

>> "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Quite easy actually. Drag and drop the folder on the Start button.
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Anando
>>> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
>>> http://www.mvps.org
>>>
>>> In memory of Alex Nichol
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/meetexperts/nichol.mspx
>>>
>>> Folder customizations
>>> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>>>
>>> Protect your PC!
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>>>

>>> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message

Interesting note here David:

Add the {a2a9545d-a0c2-42b4-9708-a0b2badd77c8} to Folders or
AllFileSystemObjects contextmenu.

Press and hold the Shift key and right-click a folder. The "Pin to Start
Menu" appears :)

--

> Ditto here David. :)
>
> --
> Ramesh, MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>
> Windows XP Troubleshooting
> http://www.winhelponline.com
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>
> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx
>

> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
> I added the context handler to folders and directories but that didn't
> help.

> "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Ahh didnt notice that. Damn !! :eek:)
>>
>> --
>>
>> Anando
>> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
>> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
>> http://www.mvps.org
>>
>> In memory of Alex Nichol
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/meetexperts/nichol.mspx
>>
>> Folder customizations
>> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>>
>> Protect your PC!
>> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>>

>> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Hi Anando,
>>>
>>> Yes, I'm aware of that method. I believe the OP wants to automate this
>>> process across several
>>> systems. The original query states "so that I can later automate adding
>>> icons". The scripting
>>> method does not work for folders, as the "Pin" verb can't be invoked.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ramesh, MS-MVP
>>> Windows Shell/User
>>>
>>> Windows XP Troubleshooting
>>> http://www.winhelponline.com
>>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>>
>>> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx
>>>

>>> "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message

I forgot to try shift.

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message news:%23YebNI5gFHA.1248@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Interesting note here David:
>
> Add the {a2a9545d-a0c2-42b4-9708-a0b2badd77c8} to Folders or
> AllFileSystemObjects contextmenu.
>
> Press and hold the Shift key and right-click a folder. The "Pin to Start
> Menu" appears :)
>
> --
> Ramesh, MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>
> Windows XP Troubleshooting
> http://www.winhelponline.com
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>
> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx
>

> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Ditto here David. :)
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, MS-MVP
>> Windows Shell/User
>>
>> Windows XP Troubleshooting
>> http://www.winhelponline.com
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>
>> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx
>>

>> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
>> I added the context handler to folders and directories but that didn't
>> help.
>>
>> --
>> http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.html
>> "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Ahh didnt notice that. Damn !! :eek:)
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Anando
>>> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
>>> http://www.mvps.org
>>>
>>> In memory of Alex Nichol
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/meetexperts/nichol.mspx
>>>
>>> Folder customizations
>>> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>>>
>>> Protect your PC!
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>>>

>>> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message

Wondering now if there is a possibility of invoking the hidden "Pin to....."
for folders. This does not work.

Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
Set objFolder = objShell.Namespace("G:\Windows")
Set objFolderItem = objFolder.ParseName("System32")
objFolderItem.InvokeVerb("P&in to Start Menu")
'objFolderItem.InvokeVerb("Open")

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
I forgot to try shift.

> Interesting note here David:
>
> Add the {a2a9545d-a0c2-42b4-9708-a0b2badd77c8} to Folders or
> AllFileSystemObjects contextmenu.
>
> Press and hold the Shift key and right-click a folder. The "Pin to Start
> Menu" appears :)
>
> --
> Ramesh, MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>
> Windows XP Troubleshooting
> http://www.winhelponline.com
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>
> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx
>

> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Ditto here David. :)
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, MS-MVP
>> Windows Shell/User
>>
>> Windows XP Troubleshooting
>> http://www.winhelponline.com
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>
>> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx
>>

>> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
>> I added the context handler to folders and directories but that didn't
>> help.
>>
>> --
>> http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.html
>> "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Ahh didnt notice that. Damn !! :eek:)
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Anando
>>> Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
>>> http://www.mvps.org
>>>
>>> In memory of Alex Nichol
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/meetexperts/nichol.mspx
>>>
>>> Folder customizations
>>> http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku
>>>
>>> Protect your PC!
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>>>

>>> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message

Try the Verb collection and enumerate through it and then do a Doit method if it appears in the list.., although when I'm forced into using the verb collection (on network connection and similar) and issue it wscript usually disappears from memory. No error just disappears. Don't bother I did and it doesn't work.

Sendkeys will work though as one can Shift Right Click (Shift + F10).

Nice idea! Will try it.

--

Try the Verb collection and enumerate through it and then do a Doit method
if it appears in the list.., although when I'm forced into using the verb
collection (on network connection and similar) and issue it wscript usually
disappears from memory. No error just disappears. Don't bother I did and it
doesn't work.

Sendkeys will work though as one can Shift Right Click (Shift + F10).
> Wondering now if there is a possibility of invoking the hidden "Pin
> to....."
> for folders. This does not work.
>
> Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
> Set objFolder = objShell.Namespace("G:\Windows")
> Set objFolderItem = objFolder.ParseName("System32")
> objFolderItem.InvokeVerb("P&in to Start Menu")
> 'objFolderItem.InvokeVerb("Open")
>
> --
> Ramesh, MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>
> Windows XP Troubleshooting
> http://www.winhelponline.com
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>
> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx
>

> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
> I forgot to try shift.

> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Interesting note here David:
>>
>> Add the {a2a9545d-a0c2-42b4-9708-a0b2badd77c8} to Folders or
>> AllFileSystemObjects contextmenu.
>>
>> Press and hold the Shift key and right-click a folder. The "Pin to Start
>> Menu" appears :)
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, MS-MVP
>> Windows Shell/User
>>
>> Windows XP Troubleshooting
>> http://www.winhelponline.com
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>
>> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx
>>

>> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Ditto here David. :)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ramesh, MS-MVP
>>> Windows Shell/User
>>>
>>> Windows XP Troubleshooting
>>> http://www.winhelponline.com
>>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>>
>>> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx
>>>

>>> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
>>> I added the context handler to folders and directories but that didn't
>>> help.
>>>
>>> --
>>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.html
>>> =================================================
>>> "Anando [MS-MVP]" <anando@mvps.org> wrote in message

The total Count returns 12, but only 6 are displayed.

--------------
set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
set objFolder2 = objShell.Namespace("G:\Windows\System32")
set objFolderItem = objFolder2.Self
set objItemVerbs = objFolderItem.Verbs
msgbox objItemVerbs.count

For i = 0 to objItemVerbs.count -1
msgbox objItemVerbs.item(i)
i = i + 1
Next

set objItemVerbs = nothing
set objFolderItem = nothing
set objFolder2 = nothing
set objShell = nothing
------------------------------

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

> Nice idea! Will try it.
>
> --
> Ramesh, MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>
> Windows XP Troubleshooting
> http://www.winhelponline.com
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>
> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx
>

> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
> Try the Verb collection and enumerate through it and then do a Doit method
> if it appears in the list.., although when I'm forced into using the verb
> collection (on network connection and similar) and issue it wscript
> usually disappears from memory. No error just disappears. Don't bother I
> did and it doesn't work.
>
> Sendkeys will work though as one can Shift Right Click (Shift + F10).
> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Wondering now if there is a possibility of invoking the hidden "Pin
>> to....."
>> for folders. This does not work.
>>
>> Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
>> Set objFolder = objShell.Namespace("G:\Windows")
>> Set objFolderItem = objFolder.ParseName("System32")
>> objFolderItem.InvokeVerb("P&in to Start Menu")
>> 'objFolderItem.InvokeVerb("Open")
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, MS-MVP
>> Windows Shell/User
>>
>> Windows XP Troubleshooting
>> http://www.winhelponline.com
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>
>> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx
>>

>> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
>> I forgot to try shift.
>>

>> --
>> http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.html
>> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Interesting note here David:
>>>
>>> Add the {a2a9545d-a0c2-42b4-9708-a0b2badd77c8} to Folders or
>>> AllFileSystemObjects contextmenu.
>>>
>>> Press and hold the Shift key and right-click a folder. The "Pin to Start
>>> Menu" appears :)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ramesh, MS-MVP
>>> Windows Shell/User
>>>
>>> Windows XP Troubleshooting
>>> http://www.winhelponline.com
>>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>>
>>> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx
>>>

>>> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message

Unnecessary incrementation, my mistake. Anyway the extended "Pin" menu does
not show.

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

> The total Count returns 12, but only 6 are displayed.
>
> --------------
> set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
> set objFolder2 = objShell.Namespace("G:\Windows\System32")
> set objFolderItem = objFolder2.Self
> set objItemVerbs = objFolderItem.Verbs
> msgbox objItemVerbs.count
>
> For i = 0 to objItemVerbs.count -1
> msgbox objItemVerbs.item(i)
> i = i + 1
> Next
>
> set objItemVerbs = nothing
> set objFolderItem = nothing
> set objFolder2 = nothing
> set objShell = nothing
> ------------------------------
>

> --
> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Nice idea! Will try it.
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, MS-MVP
>> Windows Shell/User
>>
>> Windows XP Troubleshooting
>> http://www.winhelponline.com
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>
>> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx
>>

>> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
>> Try the Verb collection and enumerate through it and then do a Doit
>> method if it appears in the list.., although when I'm forced into using
>> the verb collection (on network connection and similar) and issue it
>> wscript usually disappears from memory. No error just disappears. Don't
>> bother I did and it doesn't work.
>>
>> Sendkeys will work though as one can Shift Right Click (Shift + F10).
>> --
>> http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.html
>> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Wondering now if there is a possibility of invoking the hidden "Pin
>>> to....."
>>> for folders. This does not work.
>>>
>>> Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
>>> Set objFolder = objShell.Namespace("G:\Windows")
>>> Set objFolderItem = objFolder.ParseName("System32")
>>> objFolderItem.InvokeVerb("P&in to Start Menu")
>>> 'objFolderItem.InvokeVerb("Open")
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ramesh, MS-MVP
>>> Windows Shell/User
>>>
>>> Windows XP Troubleshooting
>>> http://www.winhelponline.com
>>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>>
>>> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx
>>>

>>> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
>>> I forgot to try shift.
>>>

>>> --
>>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.html
>>> =================================================
>>> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message

I just noticed i=+1 at the end of script

Yet the msgbox only shows n times, less than the number of items. I note Explore is hidden. I changed to a safer folder than windir (which gives me 1 more item than system32). Now I'll try a doit on verb 1 (the second which I presume is explore) and it crashes.

set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
set objFolder2 = objShell.Namespace("C:\Documents and Settings\David Candy\Desktop\New Folder")
set objFolderItem = objFolder2.Self
set objItemVerbs = objFolderItem.Verbs
msgbox objItemVerbs.count

For i = 0 to objItemVerbs.count -1
A=objItemVerbs.item(i)
msgbox A
msgbox i
objItemVerbs.item(i),doit
i = i + 1
Next

So 4 is blank (here at least)
"Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message news:%23oTmpIShFHA.3936@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Unnecessary incrementation, my mistake. Anyway the extended "Pin" menu does
> not show.
>
> --
> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message
>> The total Count returns 12, but only 6 are displayed.
>>
>> --------------
>> set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
>> set objFolder2 = objShell.Namespace("G:\Windows\System32")
>> set objFolderItem = objFolder2.Self
>> set objItemVerbs = objFolderItem.Verbs
>> msgbox objItemVerbs.count
>>
>> For i = 0 to objItemVerbs.count -1
>> msgbox objItemVerbs.item(i)
>> i = i + 1
>> Next
>>
>> set objItemVerbs = nothing
>> set objFolderItem = nothing
>> set objFolder2 = nothing
>> set objShell = nothing
>> ------------------------------
>>

>> --
>> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Nice idea! Will try it.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ramesh, MS-MVP
>>> Windows Shell/User
>>>
>>> Windows XP Troubleshooting
>>> http://www.winhelponline.com
>>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>>
>>> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx
>>>

>>> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
>>> Try the Verb collection and enumerate through it and then do a Doit
>>> method if it appears in the list.., although when I'm forced into using
>>> the verb collection (on network connection and similar) and issue it
>>> wscript usually disappears from memory. No error just disappears. Don't
>>> bother I did and it doesn't work.
>>>
>>> Sendkeys will work though as one can Shift Right Click (Shift + F10).
>>> --
>>> http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.html
>>> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message

England was 0/24, went to shop and came back and now 3/32.

TRENDING THREADS