Sign in with
Your question

Steps to remove rights protection from a disk

Last response: in Windows 7
a b $ Windows 7
February 8, 2012 9:35:14 PM

What do you mean by "rights protection"? What is it that you can or cannot do?
Does your pendrive has a built-in encryption functionality? What type is it?
m
l
February 8, 2012 9:47:40 PM

do not post your email on tomshardware, and a generally its a bad thing to do on any public forum, spam sucks.

you could reformat it if you don't care about the data. there also might be a little 'write protection switch'

m
l
Related resources
February 19, 2012 12:00:30 PM

szaboaz said:
What do you mean by "rights protection"? What is it that you can or cannot do?
Does your pendrive has a built-in encryption functionality? What type is it?

My device is an 8 GB micro sd flash card which i bought recently. When i put it in my samsung sgh u700 and formated it, the size was shown as 3.56 GB. When i put it in an SDHC card reader it showed the size to be 7.48 GB. I was copying some music onto it when it stopped copying after some time. The copied music is only about 1 GB and anytime i try to copy any files onto it or delete the files on it i get a message "disk is right protected". I have tried all means and methods to do away with the right protection or copy files onto the flashcard all these have failed. Pls help me!
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 21, 2012 8:19:31 AM

Take a look at the specifications of your phone:

http://www.samsung.com/au/support/detail/supportPrdDeta...

(Click on "Specifications" tab.)

External Memory: Yes (Up to 2GB)

I'm not exactly sure, why does it show up as 7.48 GB in the computer, after you formatted it on the phone, but I suspect it has something to do with the differences between SD and SDHC cards.
m
l
a c 353 $ Windows 7
a b 1 Email
February 21, 2012 2:14:39 PM

+1 ^ get a 2 gig card to use on your phone. Looks like your phone is having issues working with the 8 gig card since it only supports up to 2 gig.
m
l
!