New corsair fans fail to be monitored.

pandawatch

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011
Hello all,

Thiis is my first post, but long time reader. My issue is that I can't get a reading for fan RPM's.
I have:
Asus sabertooth 990fx + phenom II 980 BE + 16gb Crucial ballistix at 1600 + Asus gtx 660 top + 750wtt antec power supply + samsung ssd + WD 500gb green.

The fans in question are: Corsair SP 120 double pack + corsair AF 120.

Previously I had three cooler master sickle flow 7.99 fans and they where reading on my AI suit II just fine. Coolermaster fans where too loud. Now whith the premium price corsair fans they hardly run at full speed except for the one sp 120 plug into the cpu opt port. Af120 is on the chassis door pluged into the mobo pins as well as the other 120 that the cooler masters previously plugged into.

I've already uninstalled AI suit and re installed to rule out updates. Any one having the same issues?

PLEASE HELP. Thank you.

pandawatch

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011
Disabiling the fan controller in the bios allowed chassis fans to run full speed. Its a step in the right direction. but I would still like to monitor and regulate the fans. Thanks.

pandawatch

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011
Its was just an AMD quirk the fans not being monitored. Perhaps i didn't update the BIOS. Its whatever cause now i have an Intel setup asus sabertooth z87 and fans work fine.