Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Is cooler master 430 elite compatible with the asus p8h77-m csm mother

Last response: in Components
January 10, 2013 2:30:28 AM

Hello,
Im new to building its my first build and im skiddish about messin anything up. But as I mounted my mobo to the standoff I look and see that I dont see plug ins for the hd audio thats attached to the chasse... Please for the love of good tell me im over looking the plugins

Eric

Best solution

January 10, 2013 3:16:42 AM

The plugins are all there. The motherboard header is located on the bottom left of the board near the edge and is labeled "AAFP". The case probably has two audio headers. One is legacy AC'97 and the other is HD Audio. You'll want to plug only the HD audio cable into the AAFP motherboard header.
January 10, 2013 3:29:49 AM

thanks since im new... YOU SAVED Me now i have anther problem (thursday i start school for pc maintence and repair so... hopefully itll help me when i do this again lol )

My other problem is i have a Cooler master Extreme power plus PSU {500w} And my Asus 24xDVD-RW Serial ATA Internal was bought (OEM) so i have no cables box or manuel for it.. what do i need to purchase to connect it since it was unknowningly bought without any potential cables. or do i need some?
m
l
Related resources
January 10, 2013 3:30:09 AM

Best answer selected by Ehop22.
m
l
January 10, 2013 4:04:08 AM

Two cables plug into the DVD drive. One comes from the power supply and the other is a data cable. Your motherboard should have come with data cables. You should have everything you need.
m
l
January 10, 2013 4:11:11 AM

ok.. the asus has the right angle sata link, so does the power supple but is there supposed to be alot of force used to connect the two? or should it go in rather easy? cause i tried it once and to me it was alil forced to get in there
m
l
January 10, 2013 3:40:54 PM

Both cables are keyed with an "L" shape. They only fit one way. If you have them keyed correctly it shouldn't take too much force to push the cables on.
m
l
January 10, 2013 7:45:50 PM

Ikeyed them together right but just still took alil force (like you would when you close the processor door)my thing is since this is my first ever build if I meat something that doesnt just slide right in I am standoffish to apply force cause I dont want to break anything.
m
l
!