Buying A new Computer/Building A New Computer

jollygymsocks

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
OK, so I want to buy a new pc tower. Before I start, i just wanted to let you guys know I have no knowledge at all about computers. But I was wondering if I should buy one or build one. I need a pc for gaming like DayZ/minecraft/etc. And I would like it to have fast internet speed and skype, stuff like that. But I have a friend who can build me a computer, but i don't know which way would give me the better computer for the cheaper price. I have about 750 dollars to work with for the tower alone. So what computer would give me what I need it to do? Should I just get an alienware or something, or should I buy parts for my friend to build me one? Also, I dont know about specs, so I need a lot of help. Thanks.

obsama1

Distinguished
Internet speed depends on your connection not your PC. That being said, building a PC is superior. You will not find a $750 PC that can run DayZ smoothly. Alienwares are great, but they're overpriced. We can give you a parts list and your friend could assemble it.

jollygymsocks

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012

Ok, sounds good. COuld you please give me a parts list? and what would be the ballpark estimate oon how much buying all the parts is going to cost? Much appreciated.