besaidbuster

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
I have recently built a computer system using advice from here as guidance and i am very pleased with it but having gone from very very old ati card to a brand new nividia 670 ftw some of the new cards controls are abit strange to me :p. I was wondering what is good constant under-load fan speed to avoid shortening my GPU fans life?

currently my 670 while playing some games like swtor on max setting runs at 1200 mhz and memory is 3299. I hits temps of 53C with a fan speed of 66, i have set my fan speed to go up to 80 if it gett near 60C which has not happened so far and was wondering if that is okay or too extreme to keep my card that cool ? any advice ?

Keep the fan on Auto and don't worry about the temperature. You will be looking to upgrade long before your card burns out from heat and usage. In general Kepler is very efficient and uses very little power, so the heat generated is not very great. Don't confuse GPU temperatures with the overall heat generated.

besaidbuster

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
aww okay dokey has put my mind at rest i removed overclock anyways since 670 ftw is already overclocked for peice of mind and i shall stop messing with it now :p

I know the feeling, it seems like I need to be constantly fiddling with things. All that does is take me away from actually gaming. Trust the EVGA engineers to know what they're doing.