Millsy

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
Hello,
First of all new here, thanks in advance for any help. I would like to upgrade my store bought Certified Data computer. I have already started by replacing the power supply and buying a graphics card.
At some point I want to put SSD in and also switch the Phenom iiX2 for an phenom ii X4.
Should I do the processor first? Or the SSD first? The simplest route is best for me even if it takes more time. I am not a gamer, or an overclocker.

Millsy

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
Hi Outlander, I have a corsair cx500 power supply, a biostar ta8803UG+ motherboard, 8gb kingston RAM, 500gb sata hard drive, phenom ii x2 955, 2X 120mm fans, 1 X 80mm fan. gt430 videocard

The system is doing all that I need it too, but..... recently I broke my leg and realised I'd like to build a computer, the thing is the computer I have will be good for 3/4/5 years

so then I thought why not upgrade this one. The Motherboard supports 4 cores

I don't know much about computers, but I like tinkering, and learning and I like the thought of having a pretty decent computer.

Yes, I am a little crazy. Thank you

A processor will just be a drop in replacement .
Here is the web page for your processor and its cpu support list .
http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=522
Since phenom processors are no longer in production they are getting hard to source . Buy one now or you may never be able to update

The SSD is a bit more difficult since you either have to reinstall windows , or use software to migrate your OS programs and data . If you are using Win XP you probably wont get the best use or life from an SSD either . No TRIM support
Acronis have a 30 day trial of their excellent migration software
www.acronis.com

Ive spent a little time recovering from broken bones . You have my sympathies . Get well soon ......and be more careful next time