New Areas

Last response: in Video Games
Share
August 19, 2005 5:25:24 AM

Did anyone read in PC Gamer this month about the new areas that were
found accidentally in WoW?

Seemingly there are 2 other areas that are rumoured to be part of the
major add-on, and someone got accidentally transported there after
logging out during a Battlegrounds session and was transported there
upon logging back in.

The two areas were found to the North and the South of the great
expanse of water (can't remember the name) between the 2 continents.

This was the british version of the magazine, I don't know if it will
appear in any other versions of the publication.

Has anyone heard of this also or has anyone been there? Thought it
might be interesting to start a discussion about this

--------------------
Garhartra - lvl 33 Undead Warlock <BfN> - Shadowsong
Bellava - lvl 16 Human Priest - Shadowsong
Jimelfixit - lvl 5 Tauren Druid - Shadowsong

More about : areas

August 19, 2005 5:39:34 AM

i really dont think they will implement a new isle before they
implemented other instances... (or fix the current).
With 1.7 this troll instance in STV will be implemented.
then there is still the not finished BWL.
They also add a new BG with 1.7
and then there r many locations that they can implement before:
1st: southern Part of silithus (northern part seems to be not ready
also...)
2nd: The instance in north west of winterspring (where the bis giants r
in that valley)
3rd: north west of Searing gorge
a.s.o.
they will have enough to fix with the now implemented instances and the
BG so when 1.8 comes up (ca 1 month after 1.7.) a few guild wanna have
a new instance... a.s.o
August 19, 2005 5:56:02 AM

No this is rumoured to be for an add-on, there is no reason why they
would implement it before the current is done.

This is to do with an add-on which has been in the works for a while.

They could have a separate team working on the add-on while there may
be another working on the patches. It is common process in a
development team, that junior programmers and other programmers that
maybe aren't as inventive as others (or bright :-) get put on
maintenance work, whereas the bright minds will get all the fun
creative stuff, however this island isn't going to get implemented any
time soon by the sounds of things, but the fact that someone stumbled
across it I thought was quite interesting.... maybe its just me :)
Related resources
August 19, 2005 6:02:14 AM

perhaps this one made a screenshot or so? if not, i guess its a fake...
as soon as i would spawn at any unknown place i would hit my "print"
button and share this picture all over the net ;-)
i tried to find videos of hidden areas a.s.o. omg... u find so many of
them. showing the southern part of silithus, or the troll area in
STV... or the isle south of desolace... (only an isle with a message in
a bottle "what the heck are u doin here"). i think u can only get to
the isle as a shaman using waterwalk and swiftnedd potion. (video is
called "end of the world" or sth, cause at the end he swims / walks to
a white border where WOW ends...)
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 22, 2005 8:23:53 AM

<snip>
> Did anyone read in PC Gamer this month about the new areas that were
> found accidentally in WoW?
<snip>
> This was the british version of the magazine, I don't know if it will
> appear in any other versions of the publication.
<snip>

Once again proving that the Euro version of pc gamer is far better than the
U.S. version.

Double the pages.....Way better articles....(even if they are sometimes just
rumors and hearsay)
!