960x600 Display Problem

I recently purchased an Averatec 6200 series laptop with Windows XP. The
screen ratio is 1.6:1, which would mean a display size of 960x600. But when I
set it to this resolution, about a third of the screen gets cut off. If I set
it to a normal 4:3 resolution, it displays the whole screen, but stretched
out. Please help.
4 answers Last reply
More about 960x600 display problem

    Contact Averatec support for assistance.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Go God" wrote:

    | I recently purchased an Averatec 6200 series laptop with Windows XP. The
    | screen ratio is 1.6:1, which would mean a display size of 960x600. But when I
    | set it to this resolution, about a third of the screen gets cut off. If I set
    | it to a normal 4:3 resolution, it displays the whole screen, but stretched
    | out. Please help.

    No good. I already have Service Pack 2.

    "Go Godless" <Go Godless@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I recently purchased an Averatec 6200 series laptop with Windows XP. The
    > screen ratio is 1.6:1, which would mean a display size of 960x600. But
    > when I
    > set it to this resolution, about a third of the screen gets cut off. If I
    > set
    > it to a normal 4:3 resolution, it displays the whole screen, but stretched
    > out. Please help.

    Have you confirmed that you have downloaded and installed the latest video
    and screen drivers for the unit

    Yes I have

    "Paul" wrote:

    > "Go Godless" <Go Godless@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I recently purchased an Averatec 6200 series laptop with Windows XP. The
    > > screen ratio is 1.6:1, which would mean a display size of 960x600. But
    > > when I
    > > set it to this resolution, about a third of the screen gets cut off. If I
    > > set
    > > it to a normal 4:3 resolution, it displays the whole screen, but stretched
    > > out. Please help.
    >
    > Have you confirmed that you have downloaded and installed the latest video
    > and screen drivers for the unit

Configuration Resolution Customization Windows XP Displays