  • Customization
  • Windows XP
  • Displays
July 5, 2005 1:06:03 AM

I recently purchased an Averatec 6200 series laptop with Windows XP. The
screen ratio is 1.6:1, which would mean a display size of 960x600. But when I
set it to this resolution, about a third of the screen gets cut off. If I set
it to a normal 4:3 resolution, it displays the whole screen, but stretched
out. Please help.

More about : 960x600 display problem

Anonymous
July 5, 2005 3:14:35 AM

Contact Averatec support for assistance.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Go God" wrote:

| I recently purchased an Averatec 6200 series laptop with Windows XP. The
| screen ratio is 1.6:1, which would mean a display size of 960x600. But when I
| set it to this resolution, about a third of the screen gets cut off. If I set
| it to a normal 4:3 resolution, it displays the whole screen, but stretched
| out. Please help.
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 10:39:04 AM

No good. I already have Service Pack 2.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Contact Averatec support for assistance.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "Go God" wrote:
>
> | I recently purchased an Averatec 6200 series laptop with Windows XP. The
> | screen ratio is 1.6:1, which would mean a display size of 960x600. But when I
> | set it to this resolution, about a third of the screen gets cut off. If I set
> | it to a normal 4:3 resolution, it displays the whole screen, but stretched
> | out. Please help.

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
July 6, 2005 10:34:32 PM

"Go Godless" <Go Godless@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently purchased an Averatec 6200 series laptop with Windows XP. The
> screen ratio is 1.6:1, which would mean a display size of 960x600. But
> when I
> set it to this resolution, about a third of the screen gets cut off. If I
> set
> it to a normal 4:3 resolution, it displays the whole screen, but stretched
> out. Please help.

Have you confirmed that you have downloaded and installed the latest video
and screen drivers for the unit
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 10:34:33 PM

Yes I have