Hd radeon 7870 not working

nsmith89

Honorable
Jul 8, 2012
So here is my problem, i purchased a Diamond Technologies AMD Radeon 7870 video card double diamond overclocked edition. I plugged it in and it will not become recognized on my system. i even swapped it for a new card off same make and model as I thought it might be bricked. I upgraded my PSU to a Cooler Master 750w single rail unit. motherboard is a Biostar MCP6P M2+.
Processor is an AMD Athelon II X2 255 3Ghz processor. running two 2gb sicks of DDR2 memory. 1 hitachi 640GB HDD, 1 Hitachi 40GB HDD, 1 Pioneer DVD/CD drive. Graphics card has two PCie-6pin power connections. when I plug both in the computer refuses to start. plug only one in and it starts but not recognition of the card. the card fan spins either way. what am I doing wrong?

diamondmm_tech

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
Hi there, make sure you have the latest bios updated on your motherboard check with Biostar for further info how to update your bios to the latest. Also, try different PCIe port(s) on your MB if applicable. Since you tried the 2nd card already so most likely it caused by the MB not picking up our Diamond Overlcocked Edition. Feel free to give us a call at 818-357-5165 if you have any questions. Thanks!

Best Regards,
Diamond MM Tech Support Team