Do characters get deleted if i cancel subscription?

alastair

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

Don't know about cancelling, but when my direct debit bounced and I
eventually paid the subscription again my chars were still there.

Max

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

i think u have some weeks to get in game again... but not forever...
space on server = money ;-)
the best would be to ask a GM in game (open a ticket).

Steel <nospam@yahoo.com> wrote:
> If I was to cancel my subscription will my account and characters get
> deleted or would I be able to get them back if I later decided to play
> again?

That's a FAQ:

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/faq/general.html
--------------------
How long will Blizzard keep my characters if I stop playing?

We will keep your characters for a minimum of 6 months from the day
your account was closed.
--------------------

--
Erick

Erik

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

"Steel" <nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> If I was to cancel my subscription will my account and characters get
> deleted or would I be able to get them back if I later decided to play
> again?

This is the msg I got when canceled:

"At this time, Blizzard has no plans to delete or "expire" characters, even
if an account is deactivated or cancelled. This means that all of your
characters and their progress will be retained on our servers. Should you
decide to return to World of Warcraft and reactivate your account, you will
be able to pick up your characters again wherever you left off."

Erik wrote:
> "Steel" <nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> If I was to cancel my subscription will my account and characters get
>> deleted or would I be able to get them back if I later decided to
>> play again?
>
> This is the msg I got when canceled:
>
> "At this time, Blizzard has no plans to delete or "expire"
> characters, even if an account is deactivated or cancelled. This
> means that all of your characters and their progress will be retained
> on our servers. Should you decide to return to World of Warcraft and
> reactivate your account, you will be able to pick up your characters
> again wherever you left off."

In other words "We see no advantage in deleting your incentive to start
paying... er, playing agian."

On 19 Aug 2005 11:11:42 GMT, Erick Pelden <epelden@excite.com> scribed into
the ether:

>Steel <nospam@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> If I was to cancel my subscription will my account and characters get
>> deleted or would I be able to get them back if I later decided to play
>> again?
>
>That's a FAQ:
>
>http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/faq/general.html
>How long will Blizzard keep my characters if I stop playing?
>
>We will keep your characters for a minimum of 6 months from the day
>your account was closed.

Which is really just hedging their bets. Characters take up almost zero
disc space, in light of current storage capacities. EQ had the same sort of
disclaimer, and they had their second inactivate character wipe in 6 (7?)
years a few months ago....and both of them only deleted unplayed characters
below level 10. It was more to free up names than any space saving.