Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Which PSU to buy which can handle the following config?

Last response: in Components
Share
January 10, 2013 11:44:14 AM

Hey all,
I'm planning to build a new PC but I'm not able to decide which PSU to buy which can handle the following configuration below which I've build for my new gaming rig.

Processor - Intel i3 3220 (3.3 GHz Clock Speed) (Ivy-Bridge Structure)
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Motherboard
Graphic Card - MSI R7850-1GB GDDR5/OC Graphics Card
HDD - WD Caviar Green 1 TB Desktop Internal Hard Drive (WD10EARX)
RAM - G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) PC RAM (F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL)
Monitor - Dell IN1930M 18.5" LED Monitor
Optical Drive - Asus DRW-24B5ST Internal Optical Drive
Cabinet - Cooler Master Elite 311 Cabinet

*Hope the information provided by me is sufficient to decide the question.

More about : psu buy handle config

a c 300 ) Power supply
January 10, 2013 12:49:57 PM

realgangsta24 said:
Hey all,
I'm planning to build a new PC but I'm not able to decide which PSU to buy which can handle the following configuration below which I've build for my new gaming rig.

Processor - Intel i3 3220 (3.3 GHz Clock Speed) (Ivy-Bridge Structure)
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Motherboard
Graphic Card - MSI R7850-1GB GDDR5/OC Graphics Card
HDD - WD Caviar Green 1 TB Desktop Internal Hard Drive (WD10EARX)
RAM - G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) PC RAM (F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL)
Monitor - Dell IN1930M 18.5" LED Monitor
Optical Drive - Asus DRW-24B5ST Internal Optical Drive
Cabinet - Cooler Master Elite 311 Cabinet

*Hope the information provided by me is sufficient to decide the question.


Hi - realhardtech suggests a quality 450w unit for a sys with a
single 7850. What is your budget $ for a PSU? Plz post your
budget and location(US?)

Tom
m
0
l
a c 715 ) Power supply
January 10, 2013 12:50:38 PM

450watt+ and look for brands like Seasonic, Corsair, Antec or XFX to name few.
m
0
l
Related resources
January 10, 2013 12:56:12 PM

toyftw said:
Hi - realhardtech suggests a quality 450w unit for a sys with a
single 7850. What is your budget $ for a PSU? Plz post your
budget and location(US?)

Tom


Bro, I live in India and my budget is about Rs. 5k (INR - Indian Rupee)
m
0
l
January 10, 2013 1:00:56 PM

rolli59 said:
450watt+ and look for brands like Seasonic, Corsair, Antec or XFX to name few.


Sir, can u please specify the model too. This is my first gaming pc and my dad is also not allowing to buy thats why i'm a bit scared about if something went wrong with my pC and i would have to spend more money on that. Can you please suggest me a decent PSU like if I give a full hard stress on it and it will be still be cool in that situation.
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 300 ) Power supply
January 10, 2013 1:03:33 PM

realgangsta24 said:
Bro, I live in India and my budget is about Rs. 5k (INR - Indian Rupee)



Hi again - consider these quality units:

http://www.theitdepot.com/details-Antec+450W+Power+Supp...(VP450P)_C14P9671.html

http://www.theitdepot.com/details-Corsair+Builder+Serie...(CMPSU-500CXV2)_C14P13206.html

http://www.theitdepot.com/details-Seasonic+520W+Power+S...(S12II-520)_C14P7879.html

http://www.theitdepot.com/details-Antec+VP+Series+550W+...(VP550)_C14P13850.html

Tom

a couple more:

http://www.theitdepot.com/details-Corsair+Builder+Serie...(CMPSU-600CXV2)_C14P11115.html

http://www.theitdepot.com/details-Corsair+Gaming+Series...(CMPSU-500GS)_C14P15564.html

http://www.theitdepot.com/details-Seasonic+620W+Power+S...(S12II-620)_C14P7878.html



Share
January 10, 2013 1:17:13 PM




Bro are you sure It will not blow up my PC seeing the specifications.....because I have a tight budget and This is my first Gaming Rig. Which one is the best from your opinion.
m
0
l
a c 300 ) Power supply
January 10, 2013 1:19:34 PM

realgangsta24 said:
Bro are you sure It will not blow up my PC seeing the specifications.....because I have a tight budget and This is my first Gaming Rig. Which one is the best from your opinion.



Yes - I'm sure these are OK. I listed only known 'good quality' brands,
Atec, Corsair, & Seasonic.

Tom

They are all good - I think the 3rd link, the Seasonic 520
gives you plenty of quality power and is under 4k inr
and has a 5yr warranty



m
0
l
January 10, 2013 1:32:59 PM

toyftw said:
Yes - I'm sure these are OK. I listed only known 'good quality' brands,
Atec, Corsair, & Seasonic.

Tom

They are all good - I think the 3rd link, the Seasonic 520
gives you plenty of quality power and is under 4k inr



THANX BRO :) 
m
0
l
a c 300 ) Power supply
January 10, 2013 1:37:01 PM

realgangsta24 said:
THANX BRO :) 


Good luck and good gaming!

Tom
m
0
l
January 10, 2013 1:39:49 PM

toyftw said:
Good luck and good gaming!

Tom



are u sure it will be cool with
Processor - Intel i3 3220 (3.3 GHz Clock Speed) (Ivy-Bridge Structure)
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Motherboard
Graphic Card - MSI R7850-1GB GDDR5/OC Graphics Card
HDD - WD Caviar Green 1 TB Desktop Internal Hard Drive (WD10EARX)
RAM - G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) PC RAM (F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL)
Monitor - Dell IN1930M 18.5" LED Monitor
Optical Drive - Asus DRW-24B5ST Internal Optical Drive
Cabinet - Cooler Master Elite 311 Cabinet

IM SCARED :sweat: 
m
0
l
a c 300 ) Power supply
January 10, 2013 1:47:13 PM

realgangsta24 said:
are u sure it will be cool with
Processor - Intel i3 3220 (3.3 GHz Clock Speed) (Ivy-Bridge Structure)
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Motherboard
Graphic Card - MSI R7850-1GB GDDR5/OC Graphics Card
HDD - WD Caviar Green 1 TB Desktop Internal Hard Drive (WD10EARX)
RAM - G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) PC RAM (F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL)
Monitor - Dell IN1930M 18.5" LED Monitor
Optical Drive - Asus DRW-24B5ST Internal Optical Drive
Cabinet - Cooler Master Elite 311 Cabinet

IM SCARED :sweat: 


No need to be scared - Seasonic is one of the best PSU makers,
the 520 I linked is a good unit, & 87% efficient, and a 5 yr warranty.
The PSU pulls only the amount of current from the wall that your
PC components require at any given point in time.
So, if you PC is only using 300w then that's all the PSU will deliver.

Tom
m
0
l
January 10, 2013 2:01:26 PM

Best answer selected by realgangsta24.
m
0
l
!