How do I uninstall a test client...?

As in topic.
Does anyone know how to uninstall a test client for the new incomming
patch 1.7?
Is it enough if i delete "TEST" folder from my WOW folder?
Thanks a lot,
Bart
6 answers Last reply
More about uninstall test client

    is there no uninstall icon in System->software? if not, just delete the
    folder...

    then i would just delete the folder. i think the wow test client dont
    use more files then those in the test folder + those that the normal
    client uses...

    Max wrote:
    > is there no uninstall icon in System->software? if not, just delete the
    > folder...

    It is not in add/remove software...

    Bartek Boski wrote:
    > As in topic.
    > Does anyone know how to uninstall a test client for the new incomming
    > patch 1.7?
    > Is it enough if i delete "TEST" folder from my WOW folder?

    NO! Never delete folders to uninstall programs. Rename them (move
    command in MS-DOS), but don't delete them. I have had to fix pls
    computers who did this or thought they would just 'move' programs to
    another drive and I usually ended up doing a fresh reinstall for them..

    Maybe this worked in the MS-DOS era (1980-~1993), but with Windows you
    can really mess things up.

    If you are going to delete the directory, also try to find a system
    restore point you could use to make sure everything keeps working.

    If you deleted it (also from the trash bin) and your system (or WoW)
    stopped responding, just install the test client again and this time
    keep it.

    Couldn't you just remove the test icon from your desktop instead? That
    is a harmless thing to do.

    Hope I am not too late,
    Thomas
    --
    Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR

    On 2005-08-19 12:44:47 +0200, Bartek Boski <bartlomiej.boski@virgin.net> said:

    > As in topic.
    > Does anyone know how to uninstall a test client for the new incomming
    > patch 1.7?
    > Is it enough if i delete "TEST" folder from my WOW folder?
    > Thanks a lot,
    > Bart

    Quote from US Test Realm forum:

    Greetings,

    Those of you that tested a previous patch using the Split Patch
    technology must delete the WoWTest directory from the root WoW
    directory then download the new patch provided on the Character Copy
    web page. This patch will split your client into having both the retail
    version and the test realm version installed at the same time, with two
    separate executables.

    -Hortus
    --
    http://www.new-roots.com/
    Nerghal - Undead Warlock lvl 60 - Bloodscalp EU

    On 2005-08-19 16:29:00 +0200, "Thomas J. Boschloo" <nospam@hccnet.nl> said:

    > NO! Never delete folders to uninstall programs. Rename them (move
    > command in MS-DOS), but don't delete them. I have had to fix pls
    > computers who did this or thought they would just 'move' programs to
    > another drive and I usually ended up doing a fresh reinstall for them..
    >
    > Maybe this worked in the MS-DOS era (1980-~1993), but with Windows you
    > can really mess things up.
    >
    > If you are going to delete the directory, also try to find a system
    > restore point you could use to make sure everything keeps working.
    >
    > If you deleted it (also from the trash bin) and your system (or WoW)
    > stopped responding, just install the test client again and this time
    > keep it.
    >
    > Couldn't you just remove the test icon from your desktop instead? That
    > is a harmless thing to do.
    >
    > Hope I am not too late,
    > Thomas

    WoW is very clean in this regard. They dont go infecting your Documents
    folder or System folder with user settings and shared resources.
    Everything is contained in the WoW directory. The only thing is that
    the installer will add a Remove Application point for removing WoW.

    The Tester works as a patcher however, all it does is copying the
    *entire* WoW folder to a subfolder (WoWTest) and then patches this copy
    with the latest patch. As the current Release patch is different from
    the last Test patch (due to intermediate patches), you have do delete
    this directory, and rerun the 'splitter' so he can test-patch a copy of
    the current release install.

    I wouldn't consult deleting as uninstalling option either, but in this
    case there is little need to worry...

    Hope all this makes sense :)
    --
    http://www.new-roots.com/
    Nerghal - Undead Warlock lvl 60 - Bloodscalp EU
    Chasey - Undead Priest lvl 20 - Bloodscalp EU
    Gwar - Orcish Warrior lvl 10 - Bloodscalp EU
    Millah - Human Mage lvl 11 - Burning Blade EU

World Of Warcraft Warcraft Video Games