Sign in with
Your question

Looking for a good gaming pc for 1.2k or less

Last response: in Systems
August 27, 2012 2:56:12 AM

so far i'm looking at PCs on newegg and tigerdirect, I've also looked on cyber power and ibuypower, but i rather buy my computer prebuilt unless i can save 100 dollars by buying direct from manafacturer. So far http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

looks like a good choice. I have used 7870 before and know its overclocking potential compared to 7850, but i'm not 100% sure how much better it is than 7850. I've looked into amd processors as well, but since i plan to use this computer for other stuff like photoshop, encoding and decoding, and other more processor intensive application I am not 100% sure.

in the end I want a a computer with either i5/ fx-8150, min 8gb of ram. and a good video card. I am also worried about which cases and their cooling potential. If i order direct from ibuypower i can get the antec 900, which is probably my favorite case. Anyone have any ideas?

More about : good gaming

August 27, 2012 5:01:31 AM

yeah i think im just gonna make my own. I already own a 7870. just looking for some tips for a quick setup w/o video card for 800 or less
m
l
August 27, 2012 5:02:17 AM

Do not buy from ibuypower or cyber. They use the cheapest things they can get usually and 25% of the time the build it wrong somehow.
m
l
!