Sign in with
Your question

Multi-Media Computer

Last response: in Systems
August 27, 2012 3:40:21 AM

I am looking to build a Multi-Media computer. It will be a home based workstation using:

Adobe CS5 used for newsletters, flyers and other publications. (System requirements: •Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor with 64-bit support; Intel Core®2 Duo or AMD Phenom® II processor required for Adobe® Premiere® Pro, After Effects®, and Encore®; Intel Core i7 processor required for Adobe SpeedGrade •Microsoft® Windows® XP* with Service Pack 3 or Windows 7 with Service Pack 1; Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 (64 bit) required for Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects and Encore; Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 required for SpeedGrade, •Sound card compatible with ASIO protocol or Microsoft WDM/MME)

Pinacle Studio HD and possible upgrade to Avid Studio Professional. Used for video editing and creating presentations. (they recommend Intel Core™ 2 Quad 2.66 GHz, Intel Core™ i5 or i7 1.06 GHz or higher required for AVCHD*)

Sony Sound Forge for audio editing and splicing (recommend •1 GHz processor)

The system will also be used to maintain a web page and eventually go to Adobe Dreamweaver create and maintain the web page.

Since it will be a home computer my entertainment will be online games like: World of Warcraft, Star Trek and Star Wars. Also thinking of Eve? Must have some fun.

The last computer I built was several years ago until it recently gave up the ghost. I tend to keep systems around till they die. Would like a solid, stable unit to keep for a while and prefer intel cpu.

Budget is open but do not want a flamethrower. Want a good reasonable MB, CPU, Memory, Graphic Card & Sound Card. Have the case and ps.

I appreciate any suggestions. I haven't looked into systems since the pentium/amd 64 era......

Thanks for any imput.

More about : multi media computer

August 28, 2012 1:03:09 AM

Have a look for something like this,

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770
Video: Radeon HD 7950
Disk 1: Intel SSD 520 Series, 240GB
Disk 2: Any new 2TB drive
RAM: Any quality brand name DDR3, between 8GB & 16GB
Motherboard: Any quality brand name MB with Z77 chipset, with USB3 and SATA3

m
l
August 28, 2012 4:04:05 AM

Thanks PassMark, will start doing looking for those. Appreciate the imput and will let you know what I come up with.
m
l
!