Sign in with
Your question

Graphics Card is Dead, Need Help Troubleshooting

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 8, 2012 3:58:25 PM

Last night I was using my system, when my cpu fan died. I figured it is just a faulty fan so I put a new one inside. When I tried to turn on my system, it crashed within a few seconds. I had to unplug and plug back in the power supply cord to get it to turn on. But when it turned on the video card fans were running at 100 percent. I do not think that is a coincidence that both of these parts died. Could it be the power supply to blame? I had a Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 inside with a Rosewill Hive 750w power supply.
a b ) Power supply
a c 200 U Graphics card
July 8, 2012 5:29:57 PM

kevjallen16 said:
Last night I was using my system, when my cpu fan died. I figured it is just a faulty fan so I put a new one inside. When I tried to turn on my system, it crashed within a few seconds. I had to unplug and plug back in the power supply cord to get it to turn on. But when it turned on the video card fans were running at 100 percent. I do not think that is a coincidence that both of these parts died. Could it be the power supply to blame? I had a Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 inside with a Rosewill Hive 750w power supply.

video card boot bios have the fans max out till the card or the mb posts and goes into windows. if you have another video card plug it in and see if the system posts. if it does try your video card in another pc. if the card fine then it could be the cpu may have been heat damaged.
m
l
!