Amd Driver stopped responding

Cyberhawk

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
I recently setup my new computer and Radeon gpu but I have two issues. One is that every time I open a graphical application (any game, even 2d/flash) my screen goes black, distorted or checkered and windows says that the amd driver has stopped responding and has successfully recovered. I looked up solutions and reinstalled the latest drivers in safe mode, checked my memory with memtest and installed any windows or bios updates as suggested by people and nothing has worked to fix this so far. How can I fix this? Thanks in advance

goodguy713

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
update flash player.. and or microsoft silver light . if your having issues with web videos also its still a good idea to run the uninstall option before you install 12.6 even if you used drive sweeper .. your registry might have errors in it..

Cyberhawk

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
Ok, I'm upgrading my psu after the holiday cause right now I have a cheap one so that's gonna be fine and I had flash player and silverlight (latest) already installed. I'm gonna try re-installing the drivers one more time but uninstalling first as suggested or using 12.4 or 12.3. And if that doesn't work and my new psu or reinstalling windows 7 over again doesn't help I'm switching to Nvidia. Thanks everyone.