Closed Solved

Compatible video cards for skyrim

I have a dell OptiPlex GX520 with Windows XP and I need an updated video card or else skyrim will not work. My current video card is a Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about compatible video cards skyrim
  1. Best answer
    From what I am seeing here you can just about get ANY card thats reasonable and run it. You currently are running on integrated graphics (not a video card), its possible that you have a video card already hooked up with another plug for your monitor (generally down lower on the case), Otherwise check out this website it gives a distinct list of what graphics settings you can have and what cards you can use:
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:System_Requirements
    If you need some help picking a specific card (or just wanna get more bang for your buck) just let me know what kind of price range your working with I can try to find you something that will best suit and run at highest settings possible (for your price range)
  2. Do you have the Small Form Factor, Desktop or Mini Tower version of the Dell Optiplex GX520?

The Small Form Factor and Desktop versions require a half height/low profile card.

What is the graphics card budget?
  3. Best answer selected by asdzxcqwe123.
  4. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Compatibility Skyrim Graphics Product