Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Compatible video cards for skyrim

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 8, 2012 7:23:04 PM

I have a dell OptiPlex GX520 with Windows XP and I need an updated video card or else skyrim will not work. My current video card is a Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family

Best solution

July 8, 2012 7:39:45 PM

From what I am seeing here you can just about get ANY card thats reasonable and run it. You currently are running on integrated graphics (not a video card), its possible that you have a video card already hooked up with another plug for your monitor (generally down lower on the case), Otherwise check out this website it gives a distinct list of what graphics settings you can have and what cards you can use:
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:System_Requirements
If you need some help picking a specific card (or just wanna get more bang for your buck) just let me know what kind of price range your working with I can try to find you something that will best suit and run at highest settings possible (for your price range)
a c 560 U Graphics card
July 8, 2012 7:40:22 PM

Do you have the Small Form Factor, Desktop or Mini Tower version of the Dell Optiplex GX520?

The Small Form Factor and Desktop versions require a half height/low profile card.

What is the graphics card budget?
Score
Related resources
July 8, 2012 8:51:02 PM

Best answer selected by asdzxcqwe123.
Score
a c 272 U Graphics card
July 8, 2012 10:57:22 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!