Problem with Gigabyte GTX 670

S4M1CK

Honorable
Jul 8, 2012
Hey guys, frequently come here for answers but now I need one of my own! I've just completed my first build, (i5 3570k, asus p8z77-v pro, 8gb 1600 vengeance, gigabyte gtx 670, Antec HCP 750) and have been having, what I assume to be, problems with my gfx card. Whenever I try and play a game and sometimes when i run benchmarks (furmark, cinebench, unigine) my computer reboots. At first I was not using a surge protected socket and upon restart, the bios would say that asus anti-surge turned it off. Now I have it connected to a surge protected socket and it still does this. I've connected a different graphics card (HD 5450) and it has worked fine. On top of that I ran fur cube in GPU caps and there was no problem. GPU temps were unable to go above 70C at 100% GPU load and 100% TDP. Originally I had a single power cable connected to both the 8 pin and 6 pin connectors but have since changed it to two separate cables and the problem is still there. Everyday computing is normal and CPU benchmarks have no effect. My conclusion is a problem with the gfx card. I would love some help guys, I can't even run minecraft D: !!!!
Thanks so much in advance.

S4M1CK

Honorable
Jul 8, 2012
Edit: Just a bit more info on the nature of the reboot: the PSU makes a clicking noise and all power is cut. The case fan LEDs cut off for a second then it reboots. Occasionally it goes to the Asus anti-surge screen. I tried turning asus anti-surge off as i heard it was rubbish but the problem continued. It does go to the safe mode selection page. Thanks guys, major noob here (much more apparent to me now!)

Don't...

Bump posts

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/283384-33-read-first