Sign in with
Your question

Picking Some Components

Last response: in Components
January 10, 2013 5:56:26 PM

Hi Guys

I have recently been looking into getting the Radeon HD 7770, and was wondering weather for a £100 budget it was worth a purchase. From looking through hundreds of benchmark sites, I have personally come to the conclusion that it is a great price for a reasonably high end video card. What do you guys think?

System Specs:
CPU: Intel i7 2600k 3.8ghz
RAM: 8gb
PSU: 500 (read next paragraph)

-if you need any others just ask-

Another note, I now have enough money to be able to buy this video card, however I was wondering what PSU would run well with it. Would really appreciate some ideas, and maybe links to a few well priced, and good power supplies.

Thanks - Smyth :p 

More about : picking components

a b ) Power supply
a b U Graphics card
January 10, 2013 6:23:10 PM

It's a nice enough entry level graphics card, and £100 is about right. Cheapest one I can see is this http://www.scan.co.uk/products/1gb-xfx-radeon-hd-7770-d... but its not in stock yet.

It's a pretty low power card so its likely even a very poor 500W PSU will manage without any issues.
a c 307 ) Power supply
a c 118 U Graphics card
January 10, 2013 6:49:48 PM

ThatGuySmyth said:
Hi Guys

I have recently been looking into getting the Radeon HD 7770, and was wondering weather for a £100 budget it was worth a purchase. From looking through hundreds of benchmark sites, I have personally come to the conclusion that it is a great price for a reasonably high end video card. What do you guys think?

System Specs:
CPU: Intel i7 2600k 3.8ghz
RAM: 8gb
PSU: 500 (read next paragraph)

-if you need any others just ask-

Another note, I now have enough money to be able to buy this video card, however I was wondering what PSU would run well with it. Would really appreciate some ideas, and maybe links to a few well priced, and good power supplies.

Thanks - Smyth :p 

Hi - A quality 430w PSU is enough to run a system with one 7770. So, depending
on the condition of your current PSU, you might not have to purchase/uprade
the PSU. If you wish to upgrade the PSU anyway, plz post your budget.

Tom
a b ) Power supply
a c 82 U Graphics card
January 10, 2013 8:27:53 PM

+1 to toyftw info :) 

!