Picking Some Components

Hi Guys

I have recently been looking into getting the Radeon HD 7770, and was wondering weather for a £100 budget it was worth a purchase. From looking through hundreds of benchmark sites, I have personally come to the conclusion that it is a great price for a reasonably high end video card. What do you guys think?

System Specs:
CPU: Intel i7 2600k 3.8ghz
RAM: 8gb
PSU: 500 (read next paragraph)

-if you need any others just ask-

Another note, I now have enough money to be able to buy this video card, however I was wondering what PSU would run well with it. Would really appreciate some ideas, and maybe links to a few well priced, and good power supplies.

Thanks - Smyth :p
3 answers Last reply
More about picking components
  1. It's a nice enough entry level graphics card, and £100 is about right. Cheapest one I can see is this http://www.scan.co.uk/products/1gb-xfx-radeon-hd-7770-dd-core-edition-4500mhz-gddr5-28nm-gpu-1000mhz-640-cores-dp-dl-dvi-i-hdmi but its not in stock yet.

It's a pretty low power card so its likely even a very poor 500W PSU will manage without any issues.
  2. ThatGuySmyth said:
    Hi Guys

I have recently been looking into getting the Radeon HD 7770, and was wondering weather for a £100 budget it was worth a purchase. From looking through hundreds of benchmark sites, I have personally come to the conclusion that it is a great price for a reasonably high end video card. What do you guys think?

System Specs:
    CPU: Intel i7 2600k 3.8ghz
    RAM: 8gb
    PSU: 500 (read next paragraph)

-if you need any others just ask-

Another note, I now have enough money to be able to buy this video card, however I was wondering what PSU would run well with it. Would really appreciate some ideas, and maybe links to a few well priced, and good power supplies.

Thanks - Smyth :p

Hi - A quality 430w PSU is enough to run a system with one 7770. So, depending
    on the condition of your current PSU, you might not have to purchase/uprade
    the PSU. If you wish to upgrade the PSU anyway, plz post your budget.

Tom
  3. +1 to toyftw info :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Graphics Cards Components