$3000-$4000 pc (perferibly a pre-built) for max out gaming and max graphics.

eletrickapple01

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
Hey guys, so yeah I wasted my 3000 dollar budget on a custom built computer at compusa. I received back my money back. I had so many problems its ridicules, first i lost my windows 7 pro genuine copy, my monitor will lose connection and i had to turn off the pc manually (unplugging it) there has been so many problems I cant name them all. It also had this huge problem, everytime i will play BF3 it would freeze my whole pc and lose connection with my monitor, which a had to unplug to turn off. I tried lowering GTX 580s performance but no luck. It had the following:
GPU: 1 GTX580 3072MB GDDR5
PSU: Corsair 750hx (guys at Compusa said its capable of holding 2 gtx 580s
Motherboard: MSI military class 3rd generation Z77A-G45
Processor: IntelCorei7
CPU cooler: Corsair H80
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-BIT-OEM DVD
RAM:2x Corsair Vengeance 8gb
OCZ Vetrex 3 "2.5" solid slate drive 240GB

Plus other stuff TOTAL: 3,700

That is just the key components of the PC. This pc ended up to be one of my biggest frustrations in my life.

Now, I would like to buy a pre-built one that wont have any problems and glitches like mine had. My budget is 3000-4000 I am willing to buy a gaming pc and add some graphic cards, but I dont want to have to completely update it.
I just want to play it safe with out no problems and glitches. I want a beast of a gaming pc ready to take up 2 more generations of gaming lol. Just kidding, all I want is to be able to play BF3 at fully insane graphics and the new games coming out to not have a problem at playing them at maxed graphics. I really don't want my pc not being capable of holding extreme graphics. Id like to add a dual graphic card of the GTX series so I can have 2 of them and make its performance much better, faster, and smoother.

PS! What is better GTX 580 or 680. Or should I wait for the 690?

whatsthatnoise

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
Why not simply fix your problems?

I'd try getting a different PSU; like a Corsair AX1200(i). Re-seat your H80 (clean it and your cpu of thermal compound and put it back with a thin film of high quality compound). Make sure your case is well ventilated.

That being said a 680 is better than a 580. A 690 is 2 680's on one board, but slightly slower clock speed per GPU than a single 680 runs at. So 2x680 > 1x690 >>> 580.

However since you already have 580s, they are still very much capable of running everything at max settings.

A number of years ago I went to this site and built a gaming computer that lasted me a few years and then I started building my own. But this place remains as one of the few places that I would go to if I got lazy and didn't want to build my own and they build top notch gaming machines.

http://www.falcon-nw.com/configure-falcon

Go through the configurator and you will get every part that you want and when your done you will not have to changs or add anything.

DeusAres

Distinguished
Here ya go...

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ NCIX US)
CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme 81.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($128.70 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($181.98 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($44.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1.5TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($103.02 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Samsung 830 Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($189.00 @ B&H)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($399.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card (2-Way SLI) ($399.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Antec Eleven Hundred ATX Full Tower Case ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Corsair 1050W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($154.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Monitor: Dell U3011 60Hz 30.0" Monitor ($1099.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($90.67 @ Amazon)
Total: $3120.29
(Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-08-26 20:22 EDT-0400)

You'd get the best price/performance out of this. If you don't buy the monitor I suggested, there's truly no reason for a second gtx 670. One will do you fine on 1920x1080 res gaming.

Also, the gtx 6xx series is the latest and greatest nVidia GPUs. No need to get the gtx 580. It's weak in comparison to the gtx 670.

If all you're doing is gaming, there's no need for an i7. In fact, you're likely to lose performance due to the poor utilization of hyper threading in games.

As everyone else has stated before me, I suggest you build your own. This way, you will know exactly what is being put in your computer.

Here's a 3 part tutorial on how to build a computer. All you'll need is a phillip's head screwdriver and some zip ties...

3 part Newegg Tutorial...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPIXAtNGGCw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_56kyib-Ls&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxaVBsXEiok&feature=relmfu

Here's another video on how to build a computer...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4Js2A1qdB8

This particular one is my favorite. He somehow explains it in such a way that it is detailed and thorough yet still concise.

If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask. Hope this helps; good luck!

Hazle

Distinguished
if you think getting a pre-built will let you avoid the complications that you experienced prior with your first PC, you are VERY far from right. at the very least you'll get some customer services to help you out, granted.

as with the rest; build your own. familiarize with the hardware as well as the software, and you could very well troubleshoot the problem on your own. it's still a major headache and waste of time, but at least you'll have some general idea at what the problem may be.

if you can't/won't/don't want to build your own, then find (another) shop that will simply build and test it for you, but strictly tell them not to install an OS. take a look around the BIOS at least and install the OS (Windows 7 Home Premium is all you need for a gaming build, unless you have other major uses) on your own. personally, the one thing that bugs me the most with pre-builts are the third-party programs they installed sometimes, like docks or "game boosters" which are either pointless or will slow down your PC.

the problem with your old PC? at first glance it sounds like the SSD, and either the GPU, the motherboard, the monitor or maybe even the cable connecting to your monitor. if you had asked around and built your own, you could have avoided losing a copy of W7 by going with a Samsung 830 or any of the non Sandforce Intel SSDs. many avoid the Vertex 3 and any SandForce based SSDs due to poor reliability.

you graphics problem would be harder to diagnosed. of my own personal biased opinion based on experience, i'd suspect the motherboard. MSI has been dropping in quality as of late.

as for parts suggestions, take any suggestions you see that you like. for that budget, i guess you can go crazy and spend on an i7, a 1000W+ PSU, etc.

crowz9

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
Jesus, that's a lot of money.
I'd get an intel i7 hexacore.
1200W PSU(corsair or seagate)
4x4GB of ram(you should try having four sticks)
Although the gtx680 is a bit more powerful, I'd crossfire HD7970.
That's a pretty well balanced system, and there's nothing it can't handle.

G

Please build your own PC because you will learn a tonne from doing it and save a lot of cash in the process. I built my first one early last year (the one on my profile) and sure I made a few mistakes but that's to be expected with your first build.

Being a PC gamer isn't just about gaming, it's also about learning to maintain and configure your hardware to achieve optimal performance from your games and other software with out having to rely on outside help who will (in some cases) take advantage of a persons lack of knowledge and rip you off.